Need help? Check out our Support site, then

12 likes equals 12 dots

1. I notice in the Reader that some posts gain dots with every like, while others do not. What is causing this?

eg:

5 likes

dot
    dot
    dot
    dot
    dot

Thanks

The blog I need help with is masqua.ca.

2. I am not sure what you mean by "dots".

I am sure of what follows. Likes and shares are misleading when you are talking about page view stats. Your followers and anyone with a WordPress.com blog who is logged into WordPress.com can "like" and "share" your posts in several locations such as the Reader without ever clicking into your blog and creating a page view stat. See here for what I do to compel readers to read posts on my site > http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2012/07/09/wordpress-followers-likes-and-stats

3. By dots, I guess I mean bullets like what you put on a bullet list.

It happens on some posts I view on Reader, but not all. It's not a problem until you are viewing a post with 175 likes, which means a long scroll to get to the next post in Reader.

4. I posted a screen grab of an example on my blog. I'll remove it when the mystery is resolved.

http://masqua.ca/2013/02/16/mysterious-bullet-points-screen-shot/#respond

5. Forget about it. There's only going to be a problem if there's 50,000 likes on a post anyways.

I'm deleting the screen grab off my blog.

6. I now have a post in my Reader displaying exactly what you are talking about. There are dots for every comment on the post. I tagged this thread for Staff attention. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond.

7. OK, tf...

This morning, I came across a post with over 50 of them, which really isn't a lot, but think about 250 or more.

Scrolling scrolling scrolling - yippy ki oh ki yay

8. I left the modlook tag up because when I saw that on my Reader I wanted to to scream.

9. Yes, and it's in the moderators' forum as well…

10. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've let our developers know about the glitch.

11. This issue should now be fixed. If anyone is still experiencing problems with the display of Likes in the Reader, please let me know.

12. I've spent a lot of time in the Reader today and found no more of those bullet points.

:D

13. Thanks for the update! Looks good for me!

14. No dots anymore. Thanks.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic