Need help? Check out our Support site, then

2 Imbalance2 things...

1. awaywiththespoons

Hello!

I am nearly there with this blog! 2 things:

1. I would like to get all the text in my post thumbnails the same size, so that posts sit in a grid. Is there a way to do this?

2. I have changed the header with CSS, however now it does not act as a link to the home page. Is there a way of making the header link back to home page?

Thanks

The blog I need help with is craft-phoria.com.

2. 1. I don't think you can do this: the height of each excerpt depends on the length of the words, and Imbalance uses the "masonry" layout. None of the two is a CSS thing. If you need equal blocks, you need a different grid-layout theme.
    2. You need to create a custom menu, add the Home item twice plus the About item, and then you can get the ID of the one of the two Home items and restyle it so that the link falls in front of the image. To see this in action with your current Home item, add this:

#header {
    position: relative;
    }
    #menu-item-157 {
        background-color: transparent;
        left: 0;
        position: absolute;
        top: 0;
    }
    #menu-item-157 a {
        font-size: 0;
        height: 138px;
        width: 920px;
    }
  3. awaywiththespoons

Thanks! I was just wondering of you know of a more dynamic way of doing this? i.e. not just adding and re-positioning a menu item, but creating a link to the header?

thanks again!

4. You're welcome.
    You cannot create links via CSS.

5. You can actually get all text in your thumbnails to the same length - but not via CSS. I did it by applying the more tag to each post - that way, everything before the more tag will show up in the thumbnail text, everything else will not.

you can have a look at that at http://anemina.com

cheers! anna

6. awaywiththespoons

Great! Thanks Anna. I knew there was some kind of way of doing that. Gonna go and edit posts now...

7. You're welcome. By the way, I found an even better way to do it: You can use excerpts. When writing a post click on screen options and chose excerpt. Below the post, you'll then see the excerpt box. Cheers!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic