Need help? Check out our Support site, then

2 Issues: Text Overlap & Improper Wordbreak

1. mydailyminefield

I have a .com blog and I DO have the CSS upgrade.

This page is an example of my problem.
    http://mydailyminefield.com/tattered-pages-3/#jp-carousel-5152

The text stacks upon itself due to size.
    The text does not always break properly due to the size of "box" 150px the code is giving it.

I would love to leave the left spacing of the box 604px alone and do without a 150px width. This allows the book title to be on one line. But then the 604 px width isn't true.

Or somehow enlarge the 150px box that I am now constrained into.

Right now, I'll take any help that will unstack my text and get it on one line. Smaller font, changing the "h2" font category to one that is smaller, figuring out how to get a white-space: nowrap command into the CSS - what ever can be done.

Thank you so much in advance. I am so new at this stuff and it is very confusing!

My blog is mydailyminefield.com and my theme is gridiculous pro. It is hosted on wordpress.com and I have CSS upgrade (not that I know what to do with it lol)

The blog I need help with is mydailyminefield.com.

2. mydailyminefield

Add on to above - I'm trying to use the carousel. Sorry I forgot that important information!!!

3. Hi, this might be a little tricky since title length can vary, but go to Appearance > Customize > CSS, delete all the informational text in that window, and paste in the following custom CSS and then cycle through the images and see how things look.

.wf-active h2, .wf-active h2 a {
        line-height: 38px;
    }
    .jp-carousel-photo-info {
        width: 50% !important;
    }
    .jp-carousel-photo-info h2 a {
        text-align: center !important;
    }
  4. mydailyminefield

Oh my goodness, how did you know to do that??? Thank you!!!!! You are like a magician - but real!!! May all your paths be blessed and sacred!

5. Many thanks, and you are very welcome. I've worked with CSS and HTML for a long time, but one of the things I find to be an invaluable tool in doing this work is the web inspector built into modern browsers. To learn more, see our support page on How to Find Your Theme's CSS for some brief screencasts to get you going.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.