Need help? Check out our Support site, then

2 wordpress sites using the same name

1. creativehandsfoundationarts

HELP!! I originally set up a website with wordpress in Feb2012 under creativehandsfoundationarts. We paid to upgrade our blog to and use our own name creativehandsfoundation.org. The problems started when we asked another company to host our emails. The nameservers they gave us just would not work with wordpress. I then totally lost our pages and blogs.

I then spoke to the other company hosting our emails. They advised and guided me to download wordpress and start all over again. This wordpress doesn't have all the features I require. I can't upload many pictures

I have found my original wordpress and I would like to use it but I don't know what to do or where to start.

Am I making any sense? Can anybody out there help me?

The blog I need help with is creativehandsfoundation.org.

2. You'll need to map your domain back to us by setting your nameservers as follows:

NS1.WORDPRESS.COM
    NS2.WORDPRESS.COM
    NS3.WORDPRESS.COM

Then, you can direct your email back to your provider by setting their MX records in your Custom DNS panel: http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/custom-dns/

You can get the MX records from your email provider.

3. creativehandsfoundationarts

Hi,

We had our domain mapped back to wordpress yesterday using the settings you provided. Everything was fine until now, all of a sudden our website has gone down and I'm unable to access it.

Please help.

Michelle

4. creativehandsfoundationarts

Hello again,

The website is absolutely fine now but our emails have gone down with our other provider, 1and1. They have given me the following MX records
    (1) MX (00.1and1.co.uk) (10)
    (2) MX (01.1and1.co.uk) (10)
    I have tried to change these in the DNS settings on word press but I keep getting the same message 'This does not match any of the DNS record formats'. I got back on to 1and1 whom said these records are correct and I should refer the matter to wordpress.
    Please can you help!

5. creativehandsfoundationarts

PLEASE THIS IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE URGENT BY THE MINUTE!!
    Please can you help to point the MX records back to 1and1.
    These are the settings:-
    (1) MX (00.1and1.co.uk) (10)
    (2) MX (01.1and1.co.uk) (10)

I can't seem to get it to work and it's an emergency. No-one can get in touch with our organisation and we're losing vital contact!!!

If it's not possible we need to set up email accounts at the following addresses:-
    [email redacted]
    [email redacted]
    [email redacted]

PLEASE CAN YOU ADVISE US OR HELP US - PLEASE!!!!

6. Yes, that is not the correct format.

Please see this guide: http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/custom-dns/

According to our guide, they should be:

MX 10 00.1and1.co.uk
    MX 10 01.1and1.co.uk
  7. creativehandsfoundationarts

The MX records above are not compatible at 1and1.
    They have asked for the IP address. Please can you help. We have not had our emails for over a week now and this is affecting our business. PLEASE HELP!

8. We do not provide IP addresses, as we do not have static IP addresses, so what 1&1 is asking for won't work.

The above MX records are valid, and we have quite a few users here with mail through 1&1. Have you tried them?

If it still doesn't work, you can setup email through many providers, including Google Apps, for free: http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/add-email/

9. creativehandsfoundationarts

Hi Macmanx,

Thank you for all your support!! I'm not sure what happened but all of a sudden shortly after our last conversation, our emails just started working.
    But unfortunately the website went down and is currently not working. Our customers cannot view our website. Do you know why this is? PLEASE HELP!!

10. Your nameservers have been directed back to 1&1. I recommend contacting them about this.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic