Need help? Check out our Support site, then

1. If 2010 had an Announcement Box the way Vigilance does, I would consider switching.

LR

The blog I need help with is lornakismet.wordpress.com.

2. Wouldn't a brief sticky post serve the same purpose? They are intended to be used for a short period of time only. http://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/post-visibility/#sticky-posts

I liked the Alert Box on the Vigilance theme. The Inuit Types themes technically does not have one. It has what's called an Front Page Intro widget (Use a Text Widget in this widget area to add an introduction to your front page). Well I use it like an Alert Box and it's working fine for me.

3. You don't need a alert box to type a alert message you can use the sticky post feature for that matter of purpose.

4. But from what I read, those Sticky Posts can gum up the works in some way, whereas the Announcement Box does not.

~LK

5. TimeThief, are you now using a text widget on your front page? If so, I would like to see it.

~LK

6. Yes. The Inuit Types themes technically does not have one [ie. an Alert box]. It has what's called a Front Page Intro widget (Instruction > Use a Text Widget in this widget area to add an introduction to your front page). Well I use it like an Alert Box and it's working fine for me.

I placed text widget into the special Front Page Intro widget supplied by the Inuit Types theme. You will see it right under the blog title on my blog. I included a small graphic and these linked titles to post in it. OMG! I can't find my blog on Google ~ Gravatar, Avatar, Blavatar ~ Creating a New Blog

7. @slikbonez
    Some of the new themes have these "special areas" the web designer has provided for specific purposes. However, we can innovate and that's what I did by using a text widget in the Inuit Types Front Page Intro widget and using it as an Alert box.

From time to time I also use the same Inuit Types Front Page Intro widget by including a text widget in it with a header image in it.. > http://wpbtips.wordpress.com/2010/04/19/header-image-in-inuit-types/

8. Timethief ---
    Are you able to put a video in that area?

-LK

9. No.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic