Need help? Check out our Support site, then

2012 Latest Posts onecoolsitebloggingtips.com

1. February 16, 2012 6 Easy Ways to Feature Older Content
    Those older posts won’t be getting as many visitors as they could with a little promotion. Here are 6 easy ways of drawing attention to older posts on the front page of your WordPress blog to promote a fresh flow of traffic to your older content.

2. February 17, 2012 Social Networks Update
    What happens in an internet minute? Social media has evolved rapidly and we have seen the emergence of social networks that did not exist months ago. Social networks and mobiles have combined to turn people into social media addicts. You’re on Facebook. You’re on Google Plus. You’re on Twitter. So let’s explore what’s happening in those social networks.

3. February 19, 2012 Is Your Blog Mobile Compatible?
    The mobile web is growing at a phenomenal rate, and is forecast to overtake the desktop web in 2014. Then more people will access the internet for the first time using a mobile phone rather than using a desktop or a laptop. Do you know which sites are getting the most mobile web traffic across the world wide web? Is Your Blog Mobile Compatible?

4. February 22, 2012 Pinterest Copyright Opt-Out
    Web sites are now able to opt-out of having their images pinned by Pinterest’s users by inserting code into their headers.

5. March 1, 2012 Revisting Keywords and Tags
    Search engines detect and use keywords when indexing your posts and each tag has a unique descriptive keyword term permalink. Theoretically assigning relevent Tags/Categories to posts helps potential readers locate relevant content in search results, and increases the odds your content will be found by new readers. But ...

6. March 6, 2012 Sensationally High Tech by Guest Author Peter Howorth
    Recently I renewed my contract and upgraded to a HTC Sensation XE and after using it for just over a month now I can say it’s not been a disappointment. Recently I renewed my contract and upgraded to a HTC Sensation XE and after using it for just over a month now I can say it’s not been a disappointment.

7. March 9, 2012 Tips for Avoiding Blogger Burnout
    We are all suffering from information overload and the notion that everyone must have a blog has led to the creation of hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions of new blogs every year. However, a significant number of those new blogs will be abandoned blogs or deleted blogs in less than a year from the date of their creation, as blogger burnout is a common ailment.

8. March 10, 2012 Quantcast New Demographic Features
    This update also includes interface design updates and new charts for Gender, Age, Ethnicity, Children in Household, Household Income, Education Level information.

9. Redacted by -Sl1k,

10. @awp868
    What part of this is my thread so blog off! and promote your own posts in your own thread don't you get?

11. Thank you TT, for the alert. = )

The reason I redacted his reply is because staff has asked us mods shortly after I became a mod to show are presence in the manner that the forums is being policed...

If anymore links are dropped by anyone other than you they will be deleted do to the fact my presence was made known above

12. @sl1k
    Undersood and thanks.

13. March 16, 2012 Disabling Infinite Scroll on your WordPress.com Blog
    The ability to disable infinite scrolling on themes with footer widgets was provided by Staff, after lengthy discussion with bloggers, who did not appreciate losing the ability to control how many posts appear on the front/main page of their blogs and protested loud and long about not being able to disable that new feature.

14. Great to read your tips, TT, when I have the time. I always find something useful. Thank you for your continuing dedication to improving the blogosphere.

John

PS - I like the real avatar better than the cartoon one.

PSS - Good to see you back on the Twenty-Eleven theme.

15. Hello there,
    Thanks so much for the compliments and well wishes.

16. March 24, 2012 Death of a Blog
    Have you had to let go and bury a blog? Right off the bat, when I gave birth to this blog, I knew its lifespan was going to be short and sweet. Read and discuss lessons learned from a blog with a limited lifespan.

17. March 26, 2012 Cropper or Proper Image Preparation?
    You may find that images you re-size after uploading into your WordPress.com blog lose some color and sharpness. If you want better image quality use an image editing application to re-size copies of your images to the specific dimensions required then upload and insert those copies. Click in and read the tips and join the discussion to share your own.

18. April 2, 2012 Do I Need a Domain?
    You don’t need a domain to become a successful blogger but it helps. Blogs on their own domains communicate the message that the blogger is serious about blogging, serious enough to purchase a domain.

19. I haven't been on WP very long - almost two weeks now, but I've noticed this: You are one very cool lady. Always helpful with blogging tips. I for one, appreciate this a lot! Thank you.

20. What a nice compliment. You're welcome and thank you too. :)

21. EBooks Rapidly Gaining Popularity
    The same rule applies to self-published e-books as it does to print books. You have to start with a good product if you have any hope of selling it.

22. April 12, 2012 Create a WordPress.com Website
    Blogs are a powerful way for individuals and businesses to attract viewers and turn them into loyal subscribers and/or paying customers. There is no one correct way to move visitors around your site but good design means easy navigation. Structuring a reader and search engine friendly site is critical to success.

23. April 13, 2012 WordPress 3.4 in the works
    I’ve enjoyed the ease of switching themes to one I’ve used before and having my header images fetched from the Media Library for me. I’ve also wished same was the case with background images and I’m going to my wish, along with legions of other WordPress users.

24. April 20, 2012 A Freelance Writing Business
    You can become either a full-time freelance writer making a living from your writing or a part-time freelancer supplementing other income. There are a wide variety of freelance writing jobs available. “To be a successful freelance writer, you need to be equal parts creative, inspired wordsmith and detail-driven businessperson.” Are you such a person?

25. April 23, 2012 WordPress.com Forum Options
    A forum is website where people with common interests interact and collaborate on an ongoing basis. Creating a successful forum to complement your WordPress.com blog isn’t easy. There is no forum that you can embed into a free hosted WordPress.com blog as there is no FTP access and we cannot install plugins. This post outines your three options.

26. April 26, 2012 Google Penguin Update
    Matt Cutts announced Google is updating its algorithm this week targeted at webspam including keyword stuffing, cloaking, and link schemes from search results.

27. April 27, 2012 WordPress: Phenomenal Growth
    Changes are inevitable and this free hosting business model is not a democracy. I accept that. However, being a free hosted WordPress.com blogger has become synonymous with being stressed out by both the surprise introduction of new features and functions and changes to old ones, without any prior notice. In the final analyis, we WordPress bloggers have to make the personal choice to either remain on free hosting as a guinea pig or move elsewhere. Which decison will you make?

28. April 29, 2012 Tweets do affect Google rankings
    This is the biggest study of tweets conducted anywhere in the world, and it’s produced some really interesting results.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic