Need help? Check out our Support site, then

2012 Latest Posts onecoolsitebloggingtips.com

1. May 4, 2012 Google Style Guide and PageRank Update
    To help web developers maintain a common style, on April 25th Google published its own HTML and CSS Style Guide containing best practices to encourage better coding etiquette. Google also did a Toolbar PageRank Update yesterday. If your site’s PageRank dropped in this last update, view a video by Google’s Matt Cutts explaining why this may have happened:

2. May 7, 2012 WordPress.com Sharing Buttons
    I'm inviting reader feedback on social networking button placement. Do you consider my hiding of the social networking sharing buttons, which now only appear when the title of the post or comment bubble is clicked and the post is fully displayed on it's own page, to be an improvement to your reading experience or not?

3. May 17, 2012 WordPress.com: Who Follows Who?
    Every blogger wants to attract followers to their blog. Attracting followers requires identifying your target audience, and creating quality content that engages them and encourages them to return to read more.

4. May 17, 2012 Twitter Customizing Who-to-Follow
    Twitter has begun implementing the “Do Not Track” privacy option for its users, and we’re now getting a better idea of why the company may have rolled it out: it’s testing “who to follow” lists custom-tailored for users based upon their browsing behavior.

5. May 17, 2012 Notify Me Coment Box: Default Change RollBack
    Many WordPress.com bloggers found their email overflowing with comment notifications re: posts they had previously commented on and weren’t impressed by the change. Staff responded to user feedback and the default has now been rolled back.

6. May 20, 2012 Mark Spam as Spam
    If you want to improve your site’s visibility in the search results, approving spam comments is definitely not the way to go. The majority of all so-called information on the internet is spam. There is not only robotic spam but there are also people hired to generate spam comments. Here are some ideas for learning how to deal with spam and reduce or prevent comment spam on your site.

7. May 22, 2012 Has Blogging Changed You?
    It’s easy to get caught up in striving for more – more comments and followers – and miss the magic blogging moments. Blogging connects people from all parts of the world. A single connection can change a person’s life in wonderful ways. Please click in a share your answer to the question: Has blogging changed you?

8. May 28, 2012 Have you tried Scoop.it?
    Scoop.it allows us to keep a visual collection of the stories that hold our interest. You might compare it to Pinterest in some ways but for me, it’s so much more. Curating a topic helps build your authority and helps keep you focused.

9. May 29, 2012 Tracking Who’s Tracking You
    As you surf the Web, information is being collected about you. But, says Gary Kovacs, of Mozilla it’s your right to know what data is being collected about you and how it affects your online life. He unveiled the Firefox add-on to do just that.

10. May 29, 2012 Reposting content from other sites
    In one ear we hear that to increase reach cross-posting a blog post or update on a number of other sites and social media platforms will lead to success. In the other we hear cross-posting too many automated links will class us as spammers. In this post you can view Matt Cutts of Google in a video where he answers a cross-posting question.

11. June 2, 2012 Deleting Accounts, Blogs and Content
    A going - going - gone tutorial for WordPress.com bloggers. :)

12. June 7, 2012 Panda and Penguin algorithm updates
    Though my sites were not affected by these updates, there have been bloggers posting to the WordPress.com support forums, who have sites that do appear to have been caught out in these algorithm changes, which are aimed at ridding the SERPs of spam, low quality content, duplicate content, and/or over-optimized content.

13. June 12, 2012 Content Curation: Baby Steps
    Without doubt content curation is here to stay and more bloggers are looking to identify best practices and best tools to maximize their efforts. I want to share my content curation learning process with you readers and hope you will share yours with me. Please subscribe to my scoop.it magazine Better Blogging Tips and comment too.

14. June 18, 2012 4 Ways to Refresh Your Blog
    These days bloggers need to do more than publishing fresh content frequently to attract an audience and keep it. We need to constantly repair and refresh our blogs. When was the last time you did a complete blog over-haul? Have you ever done one? These four steps will help you refresh your blog by breathing new life into it.

15. June 20, 2012 CSS Tips for Hiding Categories and Tags
    I bookmarked so many threads that I decided to make a cheat sheet for using CSS editing to hide categories and tags in posts in 21 WordPress.com themes.

16. June 23, 2012 Chat Without the Meebo Widget
    When I blogged this post 4 Chatboxes for WordPress.com blogs on March 7, 2010 WordPress.com bloggers had 4 chatbox alternatives to choose form. Since that time three chatbox options for WordPress.com bloggers have disappeared and now Meebo widget at WordPress.com will soon become history too.

17. June 26, 2012 Facebook Update
    In a stealthy move that’s bound to lead to a backlash, Facebook surprised its 901 million users with a gift ie. a @facebook.com email address is now displaying by default on their Timelines. Read about that and much more by clicking the post title link above.

18. July 1, 2012 Controlling Your Facebook Account
    Social Fixer works exclusively with Facebook to provide all the improvements you can imagine. Use Social Fixer to View Facebook Timeline in Single Column. FB Limiter is a windows application that can completely restrict access to facebook and Youtube on your computer.

19. July 4, 2012 Targeted Blog Titles Draw Traffic
    Your blog post titles should attention grabbers that interest readers enough to compel them to click the title link and read the full post. It’s keyword rich titles that peak interest and draw traffic to your post. Best practice for crafting targeted titles is use of the active voice and strong present-tense verbs.

20. July 5, 2012 Infinite Scroll Poll
    There may be many reasons WordPress.com Staff are champions of implementing infinite scroll site wide that I am not aware of. Here are three I find plausible and an infinite scroll poll for you to vote in.

21. July 9, 2012 WordPress Followers, Likes and Stats
    Every blogger wants more followers, likes and shares. Your followers do not need to be registered with WordPress.com, and there are several different ways that readers can become followers. But numbers may be be deceiving and you can't take them with you when you go.

22. July 11, 2012 A Dozen Tips for New Bloggers
    If you are determined to blog over the long-term, it’s critical to focus on creating high quality content on topics you are passionate about. But it’s always helpful to take a peek at your blog through a visitor’s eyes.

23. July 14, 2012 WordPress Image Carousel Update
    if you are working with galleries in WordPress.com blogs then do yourself a favor and visit Random Acts of Photography AKA Not The Official WordPress.com Gallery FAQ. It’s been updated and contains the answers to almost every carousel and gallery related question you can ask.

24. July 17, 2012 Free Images for Your Blog or Website
    Do you need a free wallpaper, background, header image or illustration for your blog or website? Do you want to get the most out of image search? Here are seven free sources I recommend.

25. July 22, 2012 How to Prevent and React to a WordPress Hack Attack
    While no email account or blog can every be 100% secure it’s critical recognize that most hack attacks succeed only because the blogger in question did not prioritize security. It makes sense to prevent what you can by preparing for the worst so here's how to do that.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic