Need help? Check out our Support site, then

$30 Custom Design = an editing make work project.

1. nostresssuccess

Hi Team, I am writing this note as the VERY last resort; I am truly exhausted from trying to figure out how the extra $30 I spent for "Custom Designing" my Blog, is actually working.

I have tried and tried and tried to get the auto editor to give me the font sizes I am looking for... and everytime I have one section the right size... it changes when I change a different area.

I do NOT know how to use CSS even though I have gone over your explanations again and again on your website... (and to think I was awarded an NRC grant to put AI online for Tax Law here in Canada!)

As well, I have instructed WP to move my main menu to be below my banner.. but alas, WP refuses to delete it from the top... ugh, ugh ugh!!

Please let me know what secret password I must use to make this system work for me.. I was going to pay another $30 to remove the ads from my site.. but I just don't have any more time to dedicate to hitting my head against the wall..

Any ideas for simple editing font size solutions that actually work, would be great!

Many, many thanks everyone!!

Cheers, Tess!

The blog I need help with is no-stress-success.com.

2. Hi there,

I realize that this might sound a bit like a brush off, but I think that your best bet would be to post exactly what you are trying to do in a specific forum.

We've created a forum for those who are trying to get help (and for those who like to dig in to CSS issues) right here:

http://en.forums.wordpress.com/forum/css-customization

If you go there and explain exactly what you're trying to do (which font sections you're trying to change and how), then I think you'll likely get help to your issues!

3. nostresssuccess

Thank you! That's awesome... the problem IS WITH ALL THE TEXT..whether it is the Header (title and tagline) or in the Widgets, or in the body, or in the Menus... they all do NOT cooperate with the EDIT FONT service in Custom Design package that I purchased.

Where do we go from here?

Many thanks for your time and attention to this; I truly, really very much appreciate it!

Cheers, Tess

4. I'm going to move this over to that forum and one of the volunteers over there will hopefully be able to help you out, as your own skills with CSS are likely better than mine!

5. Hi Tess, I'm more than happy to help you get you where you want to be with your site.

If you could please, let me know what you are wanting to change. If you have a long list, perhaps let's start out with a few of them, perhaps the most important ones to you and then work from there.

6. nostresssuccess

Hi again _ I haven't heard anything back from "thesacredpath"... are you still able/ willing to help me out with this?

I appreciate any feedback!

Many thanks again!

Cheers, Tess

7. He will help you but you should post your questions (in small bites) here in the forum - he does not do support thru his web site if that is how you contacted him

8. nostresssuccess

Thank you for your quick reply... if you scroll above, he simply responded to my query right here on the WP forum(my questions are all there).. but I have not heard from him since...perhaps he is on holidays?

Many thanks again for getting right back to me.

Tess

9. I have tried and tried and tried to get the auto editor to give me the font sizes I am looking for... and everytime I have one section the right size... it changes when I change a different area.

I need to know what elements you want to resize the fonts on. The Custom Font feature has only three font groups, so it will always control multiple elements. To have finer control over font sizes takes some CSS, and there could be fonts size settings in 20 different selectors within the CSS. If you can tell me what is too large, or what is too small, I would be more than happy to help you with getting the font sizes where you want them.

As well, I have instructed WP to move my main menu to be below my banner.. but alas, WP refuses to delete it from the top... ugh, ugh ugh!!

I see your main menu below your banner on this site, http://no-stress-success.com/ and do not see any menu above the banner, just the site title and tagline.

10. And this right here is why, even with the new Customizer, we generally do not recommend this upgrade to people who have no CSS editing experience.

11. I've helped lots of people with little or no CSS experience edit their blogs. That shouldn't be a reason not to get the upgrade.

Tess, there are lots of folks in addition to @thesacredpath who hang out in the forums and answer questions. This forum is actually really good for quick and complete answers. We do need specific direction as to what you are trying to do. If that is unclear to you I suggest taking a look at some of the other posts in the CSS form to see how people are asking questions and getting feedback.

12. nostresssuccess

Hi All,

Thank you, thank you for your comments and offers of assistance. To "Sacredpath": I would like to be able to edit every and all the different text areas on my site, including the tagline.. I thought the $30 upgrade would provide for this...is there a good 'layman level' explanation in an article in the help menus that covers this - I have yet to find it.

I would also like to find social media icons in a smaller format so that I could group them all together horizontally and in fraction of the space they currently take up - I want a website looking page, not a scroll down blog looking page; ultimately I would like all my pages to above the fold line, similar to very effective looking website designs. I will reduce my content to do this.. but the way all the widgets are created, there is no way to be able to do this now..

I did manage to find a way to have the navigation menu disappear from above the banner; I created another menu with nothing in it and called it 'blank" - and then chose 'blank' as the primary navigation menu.

Many thanks for your offer of assistance! It is very much appreciated!

Cheers, Tess

13. @nostresssuccess
    I don't help with CSS but I do believe I can create some clarity here so you can get the help you need. What you need to do is state clearly in specific terms what you want to achieve. Then those who help with CSS editing will tell you which code to use to achieve it.

To "Sacredpath": I would like to be able to edit every and all the different text areas on my site, including the tagline.. I

You can do that and we all get the fact that is what you want to do. What you need to communicate to those who will help is exactly which font name, color and size of font you want to use and exactly where you want it to appear.

Site title font - font name, size and color
    Tagline font - font name, size and color
    Post Title Font - font name, size and color
    Post Body Font - font name, size and color
    Page Title Font - font name, size and color
    Page Body Font - font name, size and color
    Widget Title Font - font name, size and color
    Widget Body Font - font name, size and color

I hope this helps clarify what you need to provide to get the code you need.

14. nostresssuccess

That is helpful - thank you!

Here goes:

Site title font - font name (same) , size (25% larger than current) and color (same)
    Tagline font - font name (same), size (50% larger than current) and color(same)
    Post Title Font - font name (same), size(10% larger than current) and color(same)
    Post Body Font - font name(same), size (50% larger than current)and color(same)
    Page Title Font - font name(same), size (10% larger than current)and color(same)
    Page Body Font - font name (same), size (50% larger than current)and color (same)
    Widget Title Font - font name(same), size (50% larger than current) and color(same)
    Widget Body Font - font name(same), size (25% larger than current) and color(same)

Apologies for not putting in actual numbers.. I don't know what the current numbers are to be able to determine the number change I would like.

Thanks Everyone!

Cheers, Tess

15. All font sizes below are the existing values, which you can adjust as you desire. I would stick with the units (em in most cases) and just play with the size till you get it to look the way you want it to look. And as always, we are here to help with any questions you may have going forward.

Site title font - font name (same) , size (25% larger than current) and color (same)

#site-title h1 {
        font-size: 2.1em;
    }

Tagline font - font name (same), size (50% larger than current) and color(same)

#site-title h2 {
        font-size: 0.9em;
    }

* Post Title Font - font name (same), size(10% larger than current) and color(same)
    * Page Title Font - font name(same), size (10% larger than current)and color(same)

.wf-active #content .page-entry-header h1.entry-title {
        font-size: 1.59em;
    }

Post Body Font - font name(same), size (50% larger than current)and color(same)
    Page Body Font - font name (same), size (50% larger than current)and color (same)

.entry-content, .single-entry-content {
        font-size: 100%;
    }

Widget Title Font - font name(same), size (50% larger than current) and color(same)

.widget h3.widget-title, .widget_get_recent_comments h1.widget-title {
        font-size: 1.0em;
    }

Widget Body Font - font name(same), size (25% larger than current) and color(same)

.widget p, .widget a {
        font-size: 1.0em;
    }
  16. nostresssuccess

Ok Great! Thank you, Awesome!.... New Problem... I put the first code in to adjust the tagline; it worked great. But then after saving it, I then deleted it to put in the code for the page body text size... and the tagline reverted to the smaller size again.... hmm... what do I need to do?

Another Q: I am launching some Facebook Ads tonight and FB has this javascript for tracking conversions... the instructions are: "Copy the code below and paste it between <head> and </head> in the webpage where you want to track conversions".

How would I do that on all of my WP pages?

Many thanks, again!

All the Best,
    Cheers, Tess

17. To make a long story short (1) there is no access to metadata and you cannot embed that or any code into the <head> and </head> of a free hosted WordPress.com blog. (2) JavaScript is stripped out by the software to preserve security on this multiuser blogging platform. There is no upgrade you can purchase that changes those.

18. nostresssuccess

Hi Again SacredPath... my new problem is with the inputting or application of the code that you were awesome to send to me..

I put the first code in to adjust the tagline; it worked great. But then after saving it, I then deleted it to put in the code for the page body text size... and the tagline reverted to the smaller size again.... hmm... what do I need to do?

In other words, is there a button or something else I must do to have the code 'take' or do I just put in all those codes one after another on the same screen and click save? If that is the case, how do I input new code - below?

There must be an obvious solution, but it is not making itself apparent to me... so thanks again for helping out!

All the Best, Tess

19. All your custom code goes in the custom css editor. Once you save it will automatically be applied to your theme.

Add new css to the bottom of the same stylesheet. No need to delete what you have previously added. It will all take.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic