Need help? Check out our Support site, then

408 Server Time out

1. Like in the Title I have been having a 408 Server time out when I try to view my blog.
    I was wondering what is going wrong here. Thanks for your time!

2. View which part exactly?
    I see the public part just fine.

3. I was hitting it a couple of times Friday. It's just the server being overloaded for some reason. My money is on staff doing a backup.

4. When I publish a new post, 408 server time out comes out. My internet connection is fine to visit other websites. What's wrong?

5. I think the answer is in the above post; the server that your blog is on is overloaded. Staff does a lot of work on the weekends. How long has this been going on, and are you able to save the posts as drafts?

I got your blog to load, although it's very, very slow.

6. Thanks

7. I am trying to edit and update my blog but when I go to save it windows explorer comes up with this 'Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?' there for I am unable to say anything?!?

8. Save anything.

9. @playingmoon
    If you typically include images in your posts, you might also want to reduce the number of posts per page to speed loading times for your viewers. Options > reading under blog pages, reduce the number to say 5 or 6 and then click "update options."

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic