I'd like some advice on making a change to all posts on my blog.
The bottom of each post has a section with links to various bookmarking sites. For an example, scroll down to the bottom of the following link:
What I wanted to do was to replace one of these links with an different bookmarking site, obviously the URL passed to these sites is different for each post. Having manually coded 90+ of these, then the prospect of manually editing them makes me feel rather queezy.
Instead my idea was as follows:
1. Export the blog to XML
2. Do a global replace of the code for the old bookmark links with the code for the new ones (leaving the URLs in place) - obviously keeping an unchanged copy as a backup in case something goes wrong.
3. Import the blog again
1. Would this work?
2. Do I need to delete the blog (or just bits of it) before I reimport?
3. What happens with images / other files if I do the above?
4. Any other potential pitfalls that I should be aware of?
5. Is there an alternative approach that I should consider instead?
Thanks in advance.
The blog I need help with is peterthomas.wordpress.com.