Ever since the host for my current blog slapped the banner of an advertiser to which I am morally opposed on my blog, I've been looking for somewhere else to go. The more I read, the more confused I get. I've tried not to post asking questions and just get the answers from what's already posted, but I am befuddled at this point.
The things I have at my current blog that I'd like to continue to have:
- Email notifications that notify that the blog has been updated but do not include the entire post. I grant this is probably a FeedBurner issue and I am pursuing it in their forums.
- Ability to change colors of the text within a post.
- Plain HTML editing (WYSIWYG always isn't, in my experience).
- Not a lot of overhead work, not just yet, anyway. I'm still working on the blog content part. I will probably someday want CSS editing.
- Ability to have comments turned off by default. (I'm not a blog snob; I'm an Aspie.)
I think that's it, at least all the things I need that I haven't figured out whether they are here. I hope so, but my brain is so fuzzy I am not sure.
So based on that, should I go with WP.com or go elsewhere? I don't want to have to move my blog again.