Hi Macmanx & Vanillalounge (or anyone else that may be able to help here),
I'm going to have one more try at trying to articulate what's happening here and why I believe the Matala theme is not functioning properly. Could you please work through these statements logically to see if we can get to a conclusion that's beyond the "....definitely does not have a bug.....appears to be working just fine...." conclusion?
1. My Tweet button at the bottom of each post appears using all other themes but as soon as I select Matala, it does not appear (using IE8, Firefox is okay).
2. I have now tried this on 1 x WinXP and 2 x Win7 PCs (& my patner on numerous different PCs at his office) and each time the Tweet button will appear without any issue on any number of themes I've tried, but as soon as I pick Matala the Tweet button does not appear in IE8 on any of those OS types across 3 or more different PCs.
3. As mentioned above, Firefox is fine and doesn't appear to exhibit the same issue.
4. And as mentioned above, my partner has also tried my changingwomen.wordpress.com blog at several PCs at his office and all result in the same problem on IE of the Tweet button not appearing, but if he tries my susannemoore.wordpress.com blog (which uses the 'Enterprise by StudioPress' theme) the Tweet button appears without any difficulty.
5. If I use a proxy server such as freeproxyserver.net (with 'remove client-side scripting' button unticked) it also doesn't display the Tweet button on the Matala themed changingwomen blog. Again though, if I use the same proxy server on susannemoore blog, the Tweet button works fine.
6. If I use the web browser of a Google Android device (e.g. HTC Desire) the Tweet button does appear fine.
It would appear there IS something not quite right with the Matala theme on IE. It just can't be that I can have Tweet buttons appearing fine on all other themes that I'm either using or have tried on 3+ different PCs/laptops and a proxy server yet there is nothing wrong with it and it's something to do with add-ons or my browser config (even though I'm aware client-side scripting will still be handled by my browser so if you try the same site, given your browser is handling it properly; it will most likely work for you....so no definitive conclusion can be reached with a proxy).
I would really like to use this theme but won't be able to if I can't be confident the average user on any average PC anywhere on the Internet can see the Tweet button so they can choose to retweet my posts.
Could you please:
1. Have another look at this?
2. Confirm you've tried this on regular vanilla IE8 on WinXP or Win7?
3. Suggest whether there's a way to deal with this from a WordPress perspective (i.e. without suggesting browser add-ons, settings etc; if an average user, the bulk of which are IE on WinXP/Vista/7, won't see the Tweet button then I simply can't use this theme)?
Thanks for you help. I hope we can get to a resolution.