Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Any themes out there with a full-width layout of main column at least 1020px?

1. I can't seem to find a theme which fits my preferences. Is there a way to do this without paying for the CSS upgrade?

I will upgrade at some point. Just don't have the cashflow at the moment.

The blog I need help with is cheesydeano.wordpress.com.

2. Actually found one by manually trawling through all the themes with the full-width feature http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/able/

3. Thanks for letting us know you resolved this. Please feel free to enter the top of the thread and mark it "resolved."

4. What you are posting is not a surprise to us Volunteers : ) but it may be useful to other bloggers who want wide themes so feel to carry on. Given the growth of mobile use, something your may want to keep in mind is responsive width themes.

Responsive width means the layout adapts depending on the size of the device being used to view your site. When responsive width themes are viewed on mobiles sidebars appear below the posts in order to provide as much space as possible for reading. http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/features/responsive-width/

5. Ok, that's all I've found. I will mark as resolved tomorrow in case I receive any more solutions.

I haven't looked at the premium themes, but if you know of any please post for future viewers. They won't be relevant to me now but may well be in the future.

6. @timethief Thanks for the info. Luckily the two I have found are both responsive!

I'm aware that many of these flexible width themes can stretch wider than my desired 1020px.

It's just that when viewing on a common 1280px wide laptop display (1265px taking scrollbar into account) I'd need a theme which has its main full-width column at 96-97% of the full width. I've found these themes to be pretty rare.

So if any of you know of any flexible width themes which have an option for full width main column to be around 96-97% please post them here!

7. I'm sorry, don't know what happened to my maths.... it should be 81-82% (not 96-97%)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic