*nod* I guess I sort of feel still though, that maybe I need to prove I've done what I can on my end. I can see this is an elusive creepy crawly glitch. Do you think the staff can lay a trap with diatomacious earth? (joke) Bugs can't grow immune to that. All that would need to be done after killing it would be a bit of sweeping up.
Need help? Check out our Support site, then
Avatar on Blog Posts
I really need to inject some blogging and some real life into my day so best of luck - I'm out of here. :)
I have the avatar problem too. It looks we have to wait till the problem is solved. ;)
While you are waiting, and in case you did not know, here are a few things to be aware of when uploading avatars.
When creating and uploading an avatar to wordpress.com here are some basics worth remembering:
(1) Be sure your image one of these file types - jpg, jpeg, png, gif (Note that bmp's cannot be uploaded due to size).
(2) Do not use anything in the file name except letters and numbers. Use no spaces, no dashes, no underscores, or any type of special character or punctuation, except for the dot between the file name and the extension. Also make sure that the file name has an extension.
(3) Choose an image that does not have any transparency in it.
(4) Do not use an animated gif image
(5) Pre-sized the image to be 128 pixels x 128 pixels square prior to trying to upload it.
(6) After uploading your avatar, you can try it out by going here http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic.php?id=8515&page&replies=907
I think we've finally found the bug and squished it. Anyone with an all black or a "just the corner" avatar should re-upload and re-crop their avatar.
The file you upload may be any size; you do not need to upload a 128x128 image.
Please let us know if you run into any problems.
Big thanks to all of you hard working bug whisperers!
YAY! good news - kudos :)
*cheer* Yay! Thank you! (It worked.)
This topic has been closed to new replies.