Start here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-more-views-and-traffic/
Read also > http://en.support.wordpress.com/five-ways-to-get-featured-on-freshly-pressed/
Tutorial here . http://learn.wordpress.com/
Then please search the forum as this question has been asked and answered many times over.
To attract an initial traffic flow that will hopefully convert into regular readers and subscribers, new bloggers who have good writing skills need to focus on:
1. Learning and understanding SEO and optimizing blog post titles, sub-titles, and keywords.
2. Mastering use of the blogging platform that matches their goals and is easy to use.
3. Forming relationships with other bloggers.
There are standard tips to get traffic that you hear over and over again in the blogosphere and they do work. Interesting content is an attractor and in blogging content is king but promotion is queen.
In order to be a successful blogger:
(1) You need to have expertise in a niche.
(2) You need to know how to write very well.
(3) You need to verify your blog with search engines and structure a reader friendly and search engine friendly blog by learning how to apply basic SEO techniques.
(4) You need to build an archive of high quality original content and keep adding to it.
(5) You need to update your content frequently with new posts in order to hold reader interest.
(6) You need to learn how to promote your content effectively through social media, social networks and RSS feed sites, thereby encouraging other bloggers to backlink to your posts.
(7) You need to comment, comment, comment on other blogs in the same niche.
(8) You need to form relationships with other bloggers and create a blog centered community around your own blog.
(9) You need to encourage your readers to comment on your posts and respond to their comments ASAP after approving them.