There are so many things that could be causing this from your computer and browser, to exploring all the many connections made between your blog and wordpress that I don't know where to begin.
(1) What is your operating system and do your keep it updated?
(2) Which browser version exactly are your using now and do you keep it updated? If you don't know use this site to find out http://www.whatsmybrowser.com/ Are you aware that IE6 is a problematic browser with many quirks and vulnerabilities and if you are running it the advice it to upgrade it to IE8?
(3) What about your Flash? Which version of it are you running? Are you aware that Microsoft issued a warning that users who are currently using the default Adobe Flash Player 6 that comes preloaded in windows XP were warned earlier this month to upgrade immediately. The Adobe Flash Player 6 that ships by default in Windows XP is vulnerable to multiple code execution vulnerabilities that could lead to PC takeover attacks.
(5) What about your anti-virus and security programs? Are they up to date? When was the last full system scan done on your computer? Are your syre it's virus ans free and free of malware?
(6) Is your computer part of a local network? Or are you the only one using it?
(7) Do your use a router? If so, have you checked to see if it's operating correctly?
(8) How many proxy connections are there between your computer and your wordpress.com blog? Have you done a traceroute check? The traceroute utility checks how many transfers through other computers on a network) it takes for your computer to contact another computer. You can use traceroute if you know the other computer's IP address, web site address, or name.
(9) Is your blog the only site that you have problems with?
As you can see there are many factors in play that it's hard to isolate what your problem is being caused by and how to "fix" it. I'm not a "techy" type and I can't help you but perhaps other volunteers can.