Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Blog post dissapeared - error 404 now appears

1. Hello,

I posted a blog entry on the evening of Thursday, July 5, 2012 and now it no longer exists on the page where it should be. After I published it, I checked it 3 ways - I again viewed it in preview mode; I typed my blog URL into a separate browser (since it automatically shows up on my homepage), and I also sent the URL to a friend - all 3 of these methods worked . I even received a confirmation page telling me it was my 68th post, and it also posted to my Linkedin feed. But now, when I go to my dashboard, it's not there. The only remnant of it is the very first draft I created back on June 12, 2012. All of my media is uploaded, but no where is the entry I posted on July 5th. I can't find any hidden posts, trash, drafts, post revisions or autosaved posts. And when I click on the link on my Linkedin profile or type in the direct URL ( I get the error message on my blog that says "Oops! Page Not Found.What you are looking for doesn’t seem to exist. (Error 404)."

The link to the post is
    http://vmyselfandi.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/on-the-star-wars-front/

The blog I need help with is vmyselfandi.wordpress.com.

2. UPDATE: I was able to view the revisions (for some reason they were not showing up on my iPhone). However, all of my tags are gone. I suppose this isn't a huge inconvenience, but I still don't understand why this happened and why the tags are now missing.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic