Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Can I have my WordPress Content Sucked into Office 365?

1. Hi,

I've been loving WordPress, and even getting the hang of it!

I have the content brought into a webpage on my Office Live Small Business Website too (phmc.co.uk/blog.aspx), and that's great- it always updates with latest posts and content, loved that feature, never had to touch a thing on my Office Live website.

But now the bullies at Microsoft are making me move to their "new" Office 365. Have given up with any technical support there- between Microsoft and Melbourne IT it's a complete nightmare.

Does anyone know if and how I can replicate my WordPress Blogs within a webpage on Office 365?

The blog I need help with is paulhesp.wordpress.com.

2. You might be able to get it to make use of the blog export in XML. There may be some editing required. I know the regular software product can import lots of stuff in XML, but I never tried a whole blog. And since 2004 I have no Windows or Mac at home at all.

3. No idea, but I CAN tell you it's a very bad idea to duplicate content. Search engines see it as spam (for good reason; it is spam) and downgrade BOTH sites severely.

4. The export file here isn't exactly an XML standard file. It is a WXR (WordPress Extended RSS) file.

5. How Google views duplicating content across domains and do note that their Panda algorithm will detect duplication > http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66359

6. Wow thanks for the advice! Wasn't aware of the risk of this being seen as spam, am researching this much more. Meantime, found that inserting an <iframe> in html works, but am re-thinking the strategy!

7. iframes don't create duplicate content. They just show a "view" to that content, so it doesn't mess with the search engines.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic