Since a few days i only can use IPv4.
When enabling dual-stack i cannot logon.
I´m not shure, if it has something to do with it, but my provider changed the MTU from 1492 to 1460.
Best regards, Kletool
Blog url: http://kletool.wordpress.com/
Need help? Check out our Support site, then
Cannot logon with IPv6 enabled
Hi there, I'd like to gather some more information for troubleshooting.
2. What exactly happens when you try to log in? Do you see an error message, and if so, what does it say? Would it be possible to upload a screenshot to help in troubleshooting?
Here's a guide on how to make a screenshot, if you're not sure: http://en.support.wordpress.com/make-a-screenshot/
You can upload the screenshot in your Media Library and then post a link so I can see it.
I investigated hours the last days - Summary:
1) XP SP3 all appliede Patches + FF16.02 in safe mode:
- hanging with "waiting for ..." in the lower left corner with one of these hosts: 0.gravatar.com, 1.gravatar.com, secure.gravatar.com, s0.wp.com, s2.wp.com
2) Sometimes the loading of http://kletool.wordpress.com hang,
sometimes the login stucks, sometimes i cannot get subpages like statistics.
3) IE8 just the same - but it´s more hanging - Navigation for IE8 stops too. - Menu Items not accessible.
4) IE10 Release Preview of Windows 8:
Loading of http://kletool.wordpress.com hang, loading finished ~ 3 min. Using the "Anmelden" = Login Button -> hang
Click the Url Line + Enter (http://kletool.wordpress.com/wp-admin.php)
loading imediate the login screen. Entering User + Password + Enter
Click the Url Line + Enter (http://kletool.wordpress.com/wp-admin) is showing my Dashboard.
5) Disabling the binding for IPv6 or using my Mobile Stick always works, then i´m using IPv4.
6) My Provider is Silver Server in Vienna. - Maybe, that´s their problem.
Last week I had a problem with IPv4 too, where they reduced my MTU from 1492 to 1460 without telling me.
7) I tried several MTU´s for my 6to4 Tunnel to Silver Server
1280, 1380, 1420 - No change in Stability.
- First time: no go
- second try: go
Any ideas, Klemens
I'm sorry we missed your reply. Did this issue resolve itself or are you still having trouble logging in?
Meanwhile I modified my ipv6 prefix policy like described in my article
Just no i reseted it to defaults with:
netsh int ipv6 reset
Ping google.com is now IPv6
and NOW i can login into WordPress normal!
Something changed on your side?
Have a fine day, Klemens
I'm glad things are working for you again - thanks for letting us know. If you have issues in the future feel free to start a new thread.
This topic has been closed to new replies.