Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Category 1520?

1. Hello, there is a category: 1520 in my category list that I didn't create. I can't delete it also. Can someone tell me what this is?

Thanks..

2. On your left fixed navigation menu, go to settings----> Writing. Check to make sure 1520 isn't set as your default category. If it is, change it to another default category. Then you can go back to categories, and delete 1520.

3. Thank you very much, that was it. Still don't know where 1520 came from but it's gone..LOL

4. Because the category that had been the default had somehow been deleted and since there was no other category set, the system created another random category.

5. "Because the category that had been the default had somehow been deleted and since there was no other category set, the system created another random category."

Ah, that explains it, glad to know what happened, Thanks!

6. You're welcome.

7. I have a similar problem - a category 1356 appears when I try to add a new link - I have 2 categories with links, but now suddenly can't add to them - the new link goes into this 1356 one. I've deleted it and tried again, but it always keeps appearing. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    The problem is on this blog (I have 3)
    http://jonieu.wordpress.com/
    I'd like to add links to Organizations and Charities and can't.
    Thanks for your help!

8. You have to set a default link category in setting > writing that actually exists.

9. Thanks, I've just changed it, set it to Org. and Ch. and now it works.. sorry for being a nuisance!
    Happy weekend!

10. Not a problem and you are welcome. Happy blogging.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags