Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Center Custom Menu in 2010 Theme

1. Hello All,
    I am trying to center the custom menu for my WordPress site using the 2010 theme (the website is Seattle7Writers.org) Previously, I was able to center the default menu before using this custom CSS:

.menu {
    text-align:center;
    }

.menu ul {
    display:inline-block;
    }

However, now that I am using a custom menu (which I called "menu alt") it does not appear to work. Would anyone know how I would have to alter the CSS to target the new custom menu? I have tried a number of changes, but none seem to work. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

The blog I need help with is seattle7writers.org.

2. There is a trick to this, but for the life of me I cannot get it to work with 2010.

I'll tag this thread for staff attention since they now provide support for the Custom Design upgrade.

3. Thank you very much for your fast reply. Hopefully they will be as quick to assist me as you just were.

4. You are welcome. I had not recorded that trick and had to go googling to find it, but alas it did not work.

5. panaghiotisadam

@seattle7: Try this (your solution, with different selectors):

.menu-header {text-align:center;}
    .menu-header ul {display:inline-block;text-align:left;}
    .menu-header ul a {margin-bottom:-4px;}

Of course you could also use this simplistic solution (will need changing the number if you change your tabs):
    #access .menu-header, div.menu {margin-left:182px;}

@Rich:
    a) What was the trick you were talking about?
    b) Had you modlooked the thread or added only the tags I'm seeing now?

6. a) It has to do with setting it relative, using a "left" value of half the div width and then also declaring a -50% left margin. I've used it before, but failed to record it and when I went back and searched for it, this time I could not get it to work.

b) I did modlook it I'm pretty sure.

7. panaghiotisadam

I'm also pretty sure you had modlooked it... Now would I be to blame if I continued my conversation with designsimply here?

8. Thank you both for the help!

Panaghiotisadam, I tried both fixes individually and they each worked like a charm - I'm definitely copy pasting them for later use in other sites. Thanks again.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic