Need help? Check out our Support site, then

change text link colours in customize 2012

1. how do I change the text link colour from light grey to pink? I have changed the links in the twitter stream, the tags, etc. but the links within the posts remain that horrible unreadable light grey grrrrr - help me please and thank you

The blog I need help with is amazingsusan.com.

2. I checked one of the posts in your blog:
    http://amazingsusan.com/2013/04/08/5-steps-to-success/

At the top of that post, there is a link on the word "Inspiration." That link looks pink to me, which sounds like the result you were after. If you were trying to change the color to a really light pink, it may not work because there are some contrast rules built in to the Custom Colors tool that prevent you from setting a text color that is too close to the background color. The reason the contrast rules are in place is to help keep text readable, especially by the visually impaired, but it also helps when people have different monitor settings compared to you as their colors may look slightly different than the ones you see depending on their display calibration.

If you want to override the contrast rules, you can do that with custom CSS in the Appearance → Themes → Customize → CSS panel—contrast rules aren't applied there.

3. The place I want to change the colours is on anther blog. See:

http://amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/when-i-die-i-want-to-come-back-as-a-goat/

Second para the link is light grey. I want the link to be pink like they are here:
    http://amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/the-lost-and-found/#more-17 (I made them pink "manually" in the post edit pane.

Also, I would like the widget headers to be pink... I purchased the upgrade but can't figure out how to get the colours I want....

Thanks for your help.

4. It looks like you got the links in the content sorted out. To change the widget titles, add this to the end of your custom CSS and edit the color code as desired.

.widget-title {
    color: #33bb33;
    }

5. thanks that seems to work for some of the widgets, but not for others (I.e. Facebook and Twitter)

And, no, I did not get the content links sorted See:

http://amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/when-i-die-i-want-to-come-back-as-a-goat/

Second para the link is light grey. I want the link to be pink like they are here:
    http://amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/the-lost-and-found/#more-17 (I made them pink "manually" in the post edit pane.

I have made the links in the text pink manually, I can't seem to get them to be pink.... :(

6. Oops, my bad on missing the twitter and FB titles. They are links and styled separately. Add the following for them.

.widget-title a {
        color: #33bb33 !important;
    }

Link colors in this theme change colors once they are visited. To change the "visited" color, add this and edit the color code as desired.

a:visited {
        color: #33bb33 !important;
    }
  7. Oh Sacred! You surely know the way! That last one did the trick all around. Now all is #pink and remains pink. TYSM!!!

Do you know how to change the colour of the Title tagline? I want to make it purple. There's an awful lot of pink already.

BTW, will you marry me?

8. just visited your blog, have you quit blogging or doing it somewhere else?

Susan

9. Do you know how to change the colour of the Title tagline? I want to make it purple. There's an awful lot of pink already.

Add this and edit the color code as desired.

#site-description {
    color: #7A7A7A;
    }

I've been very busy with web work lately and blogging has suffered. I keep thinking I want to get back into it - and even have a couple draft posts started, but never seem to get to them.

BTW, will you marry me?

That is one of the nicest things anyone has said to me. :)

I'm involved with an amazing and wonderful woman right now. Sorry.

10. Thank you so much again :)

Good for you on the relationship front :-) and especially if you have an amazing and wonderful woman – lucky you! Amazing and wonderful man harder to find :P

What kind of web work do you do exactly? Maybe I will have need of your services in the future… One never knows. I'm new to WordPress as you can see. Amazingwomenrock.com was developed in Joomla! and I'm not a developer at all, but I find WordPress fairly user-friendly, except of course when one doesn't know what one is doing LOL.

I really really really really appreciate your help <3

11. I do WordPress and Joomla mostly from setup through customization and I also manage several sites on an ongoing basis for clients who don't have the time to do it themselves. Joomla is more complex, especially when you start doing customization, but it also has more abilities built into it. WordPress though has an amazing community and every month there are more and more plugins and themes available to do what used to take custom programming. WordPress is by far the easiest though when it comes to use and even customization.

12. OK cool thanks :)

13. You are welcome.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic