Have been playing around with my customizations of Chateau, and have found lots of helpful tricks and solutions in this forum, so first of all: THANK YOU! However, I have hit a roadblock with some of what I'd like to do, so here's the list (feel free to respond to any one of these at a time, I know it's a long list! They are roughly in order of importance.):
Some background: This is my academic webpage, so the first few pages are meant to be static pages, but I want the last page to be a bit more interactive, and that is what has led to some of these questions.
1. Probably the most important: Following on from some tricks posted by design simply, I've figured out how to enable the sidebar on ONLY the post page. This is brilliant! Unfortunately, as you can see on the other hidden-sidebar pages, the grey line lingers. Any idea how to remove this from the static pages, or else how to change its colour to white?
2. If you go to the "CV" page, you can see that the formatting for a header like the word "Education" gets a double underline...any way to make this just one line?
Similarly, on the "Public Engagement" page, whenever I have a block quote, it gets this kind of awkward-looking box around it. Is it possible to remove these lines and just have the block quote?
3. I would prefer the navigation menu to be below the header image, but I have read on here that due to Chateau’s being in a flexible format for optimal viewing on smartphones and smaller screens this will mess up the spacing when viewed on these screens. Is this right? Is there any way to put the menu under the header without other parts of the page getting distorted?
4. On the "Public Engagement" page, when you click on the posts, the title changes colour to the theme’s original red when on its own page. (I've altered the post title colour to burgundy on the posts page) How do I control what colour it is on its own page?
5. How do I move the body text over to the left (and right) to line up with the edge of the header image? This is mist evident on the "About page"--you can see that the body text is not quite lined up with the edge of the header image.
6. Eventually, I would like to have drop-down menus off of the main navigation menu. When I do this, the text of the drop down menus are centered...any way to left-justify them? So I guess: what CSS magic controls drop-down menus formatting?
7. Is it possible to remove “posted by” under posts? (Ideally, though I would like to leave the “leave a comment”, if possible.)
Do let me know if it would be better if I separated these into multiple forum posts...I realise these may be too unwieldy to address in one thread.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The blog I need help with is laurenware.me.