Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Comments

1. nickwaltersblog

I want to respond to a post someone made but don't want them to have my email or have the response posted for all to see. Can you do that?
    Blog url: http://nickwaltersblog.wordpress.com/

2. If you are referring to responding to a comment on your own blog your email address will not be displayed. If you are referring to responding to a comment on another blogger's blog, whether or not your email address is required to comment depends on what their comments settings are. Also you don't know in advance if an email address is required to comment because the email address prompt appears even when anonymous commenting has been set. This is the reason that most bloggers choose to have throwaway email addresses associated with their blogs.

3. nickwaltersblog

Thanks. I don't think I expressed it correctly. I want to respond to a comment from a commenter but I don't want their comment on the blog and I don't want them to have my email. Maybe I can't have my cake and eat it too.

4. You're right. You can't. If you reply by email your email address will be known.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic