Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Contact Form

1. When I create a contact form, my personal information show up in the name and email spaces-how do I eliminate this?

The blog I need help with is healthyfamiliesatonlynaturals.wordpress.com.

2. Everyone's own information will be auto-filled in the contact or comment form if they are logged into WPcom. You see yours, I see mine.

3. But it shows up on the actual form when you click on the page-so the person has to delete it in order to enter their own information....is there any way to stop that from happening. It's displaying my personal email (the one I use to log into WP) and I don't want that displayed for obvious reasons.

4. Perhaps I was not clear. When I am logged in to WPcom and visit a contact form or comment box, my own information will be auto-filled into the form. I see only my information. This is true for anyone logged in to WPcom.

Having said that, when you submit a contact or comment form, the owner of the site will be able to see your username, the email address associated with that username and the IP address from where the comment was posted. If you don't want your username or email address given to the site owner, then either change it before submitting the form or log out of WPcom first. Note that site owners can choose to allow comments only from logged-in users.

5. Thinking I'm not being clear either lol.

So when I create a contact form to insert into my "contact me" page....I have the name, email address as required sections. When you click onto this page as a follower of my blog-within the contact form is listed my name and email address-I can not figure out how to stop this from happening.

6. re: auto-filled information in comment boxes and contact forms

WordPress.com uses cookies to keep track of commenters so if someone makes a submits a comment to your blog post, unless they have cleared their cookies, the next time they come to your blog, WordPress.com will recognize them and complete the details for them. No one else will be able to view those details in comment boxes or in contact forms. The next person who comments will see blank fields. Commenters will not see each others details.

7. To be clear no one can see your details on any contact form or in any comment box.

Also note that the Admin [edit] link you see on posts and pages is only for your convenience and the convenience of your Editors if you have any. And only you and your editors can see it and use it while you are logged in to WordPress.com. This post may interest you http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2013/06/26/wordpress-com-username-accounts-logins-and-more/

8. . When you click onto this page as a follower of my blog-within the contact form is listed my name and email address

No. Only you see your name and email address there. A logged in WPcom user will see their name and email address there. If you need proof of this, log out of WPcom, clear your browser's cache and cookies or open a private browsing window and visit that contact page.

Sorry, that's the best I can explain it.

9. @justjennifer
    I tried using some different words because sometimes they work. Hope you are having a happy holiday. Mine is great as I have company I haven't seen for ages. :)

10. Thank you and hopefully so, tt.

Enjoy the holidays and your company, tt. We have none here this week and next but because most of the rest of the world is on vacation, our work load has dropped to nearly nothing, so we're doing catch up on all those little things that need doing but never have enough time to do them.

11. @justjennifer
    Best wishes with your catch. The sun just came out and we are scheduling an afternoon beach walk. I live in semi-isolation and I'm so happy to be with friends until New Years day. Blogs what blogs? lol :D

12. Ok feel slightly blonde now!!! Yep when I log in from another computer...guess what no name or email...ahaha!

13. Hi again Amy,
    Best wishes to you for happy blogging. :)

Helpful links:
    On the bottom of your Admin page you will find a link to the Learn WordPress.com blogging Tutorial prepared by Staff. http://learn.wordpress.com/

The support documentation is all found at the Support link http://en.support.wordpress.com which is also on the bottom of your Admin page.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.