Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Delete blog

1. I want to delete my blog. But when I chose "Delete Site", it just says:

"Warning! You cannot delete a site if it has a domain registration upgrade because you need access to the site in order to get to the domain manager.

If you do not want to use your site any more please make it private. Other users won’t be able to visit the site but you can still access the Dashboard so you can get to the domain manager."

The blog I need help with is kiki-elisabeth.com.

2. That makes sense. As long as you have a domain upgrade, it needs a site to be attached to. I would think that if you cancel the domain registration auto-renewal or transfer the domain to another registrar, then you'll be able to delete the site completely after the domain lapses eventually.

If you're in urgent need of deletion or answers beyond that, I can tag this for staff attention.

3. Okay, thank you.

Actually, it might be an urgent need of deletion - so yes, please tag the staff! :-)

4. Sure, tagged. It's possible they may still need you to transfer the domain before they can do anything, but we'll see what the official answer is.

5. There is still a domain attached to your blog. Note that canceling a domain means you completely give up ownership of the domain and can take up to 35 days before it will become available to register somewhere. If you would like to completely cancel your ownership of the domain name, please reply to confirm.

If you would like to transfer the domain to another registrar, you can use these steps: http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/domain-management/#transfer-to-another-registrar

6. Hello to both of you!

I hereby confirm, that I would like, to permanently delete my blog!

7. Do you also want to delete the domain (kiki-elisabeth.com)?

Note that canceling a domain means you completely give up ownership of the domain and can take up to 35 days before it will become available to register somewhere. If you would like to completely cancel your ownership of the domain name, please reply to confirm.

8. YES, please!

9. Your domain and blog have been deleted as requested. Please let us know if you need any further assistance!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.