Need help? Check out our Support site, then

domain mapping

1. I have been trying to pay for my domain to be moved to WordPress. from Go daddy I have done the name servers.
    But cannot find a payment button on the page.
    it has credit card or papal but not high lighted.
    The domain that I am trying to move is http://www.tidymangarden.co.uk.
    Your help please

The blog I need help with is tidymangarden.wordpress.com.

2. You can't transfer your domain name registration to WordPress.COM - you can map it using these instructions:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/map-existing-domain/

You will need the staff to add a zone record for you - I will flag this for the staff to help

3. I added a new DNS Zone record for your domain. This change may take a little while to be fully effective. Could you give it some time then try updating the name servers again?

You can go to Store > Domains on your blog's dashboard and follow the steps there.

Please take a look at the following guide before going through the process.

Let us know if you need any help.

4. Thanks for your reply I have done what you have said in the following guide.
    I have gone to Go Daddy redone my name servers NS1-2-3- wordpress.com.
    But I find that the same thing is happening when I try and pay by paypal or new credit card both of these are not highlighted so will not work and I cannot pay for Domain Mapping

5. Do you also encounter this issue in a different browser? for example Firefox or Google Chrome?

6. I have the same problem as the above user "tidymangarden"

But cannot find the "Purchase" payment button on the WordPress.com page to py the $ 13 for "domain mapping"

I want to do "Domain Mapping" for $ 13 but there is no "Purchase" button on your page where I buy the "Domain Mapping" !!!!!!!!!!!

This a a very serious problem!!! Please help!!!

7. You can go to Store > Domains on your blog's dashboard and follow the steps there.

Please take a look at the following guide before going through the process.

If you get stuck during the process, please explain exactly at what page you get stuck. Or send us a screenshot of the page and upload this to your blog's media library.

Thanks.

8. You are saying to go to store - domains on dashboard these I have done for last two days. as Prince 3535 has said there is no payment button on this page. WORDPRESS has to look into this not keep saying same thing over and over. And you are saying to send a screenshot of the page that I am on. but you know the page I am on because you keep telling where to go

9. If you put a screen shot of what you see when you have the problems and put it in your media library @kardotim can look at the screen shot and see what the problem is - could be browser related or several others - but the screen shot is the quickest

Note: you do need to be logged in as an Admin to see the store in a blog - Editors and below do not see the store

10. Sorry for the confusion.

If you enter your domain into the field at https://tidymangarden.wordpress.com/wp-admin/paid-upgrades.php?page=domains you can click on the 'Add domain to blog' button. Next you'll see a 3-step guide to map your domain. Make sure you click on the 'I already own tidymangarden.co.uk and would like to map it to WordPress.com' checkbox and continue by clicking on the 'Yes, start mapping my domain button'.

After that you'll get an overview of your purchase and you should be able to see two payment methods for you to choose and a blue [Purchase] button.

If you don't see the above steps, buttons or fields then try a different browser like Firefox or Google Chrome.

11. Hi Kardotim I have just put in code that you have put into last mess and I clicked onto add domain. and on next page I get SUBDIRECTORIES ARE NOT ALLOWED.NO SLASHES,PLEASE. in a nich RED box.
    So this code will not work HOW hard to get ones Domain mapping done

12. What did you exactly fill into the field? Make sure you enter: tidymangarden.co.uk without any slashes.

Otherwise please send us a screenshot while you're getting the error message. You can upload the screenshot to your blog's media library.

13. Hi Kardotim I put tidymangarden.co.uk.wordpress.com/wp-admin/paid-upgrades.php?page=domains. then clicked onto add domain to blog.
    How do I take a screen shot of the error message and upload it to my blog's media library.
    Not done this before.

14. this should help with the screen shot

http://en.support.wordpress.com/make-a-screenshot/

15. Hi auxclass thanks for your reply. But your link is as clear as mud to me. I am very new to this. All the picture sites on the link I would know where to find them or how to use them.

16. I've sent you a payment request by e-mail for the Domain Mapping upgrade. If you want you can complete the payment using that request and then I'll add the upgrade to your account.

Thank you!

17. thanks @kardotim

18. Thanks Kardotim for sending a direct email for manual payment.
    Why o WHY could this not have been done from day one.
    I have lost over a week.

19. My thanks to all members that have tried to help me out

20. The domain mapping has been added to your blog.

21. Thanks Kardotim

22. You're welcome :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic