Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Domain Mapping

1. prisoncoach247

I deleted my blog which was named prisoncoach.wordpress.com and had paid for an upgrade which was prisoncoach.com. Right now, prisoncoach.com is still pointing to wordpress and the site presently has my picture on it. I want my new blog prisoncoach1.wordpress.com to be mapped to prisoncoach.com. Do I have to pay again? Prisoncoach.com has not expired. Please advise.

The blog I need help with is prisoncoach1.wordpress.com.

2. prisoncoach247

I deleted my blog which was named prisoncoach.wordpress.com and had paid for an upgrade which was prisoncoach.com. Right now, prisoncoach.com is still pointing to wordpress and the site presently has my picture on it. I want my new blog prisoncoach1.wordpress.com to be mapped to prisoncoach.com. Do I have to pay again? Prisoncoach.com has not expired. Please advise.

3. Hi there. Please do not post your question repeatedly. It clogs up the support forums and makes it difficult to follow conversations.

I've tagged this post so a Staff member can take a look at your account and domain.

4. I think the Staff have transferred the domain mapping from one blog to another if the upgrades are still current - are both blogs under the account you posted here with? If both blogs are not under the same account would you please log in with the account that owns the domain mapping upgrade (and domain name) and request the upgrade to be moved from xxxx to yyyyy - please simple and direct - that will help the staff to make the transfer the first time.

You can also probably transfer things yourself - Dashboard >> Store >> My Upgrades >> you should see a Transfer box under the Upgrades - caution not much error checking on the transfer so make sure you have everything spelled correctly or you can send it way into oblivion - but if oblivion happens don't panic the staff can fix that also

5. Hi there. Prisoncoach.com is not currently pointing to wordpress.com. It is pointing to a self-hosted WordPress installation on Godaddy's servers.

If you would like to point the domain to your blog on wordpress.com, please follow the directions at http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/map-existing-domain/

For more information on WordPress.com vs Self-hosted WordPress visit http://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/

6. In order to transfer the subscription, I'll need to see the request here from the user who owns the domain mapping subscription, not prisoncoach247.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.