Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Domain Mapping

1. Can someone please help me?? I don't know what happened to my blog. The content does not belong to me. The admin page has all the correct blog info but when it maps to the domain - it is not my content. I emailed wordpress support and no response! I use my blog as a business website, and the lack of response from wordpress is really killing my business. Can someone let me know what I can do to fix this?

The blog I need help with is omgitotallyheart.com.

2. What is the underlying .wordpress.com URL?

3. Although omgitotallyheart.com has been registered, it is not using WordPress.com nameservers. If your domain is mapped to a self-hosted site, then your configuration may be fine as currently set up. If you wish to host your site at WordPress.com, you will need to update your nameservers as outlined below.

Domain mapping of an existing domain URL that you already own and purchased elsewhere is not done free of charge. You have to purchase the domain mapping upgrade and thereafter you have to renew both the domain name and the domain mapping every year in two different places.

Important Notes Before Upgrading http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/#important-notes-before-upgrading

Mapping an existing domain costs $13. annually. In order to map to a domain one must have an underlying .wordpress.com subdomain blog to map from. If you have registered a .wordpress.com blog you log in as Admin under the exact same username account that registered the blog and purchase a domain name by purchasing an annually renewable domain mapping upgrade for the blog.

See here for mapping an existing domain that you already own http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/map-existing-domain/

Dashboard > Store > My Upgrades is where you do the primary blog set up knowing it can take between 24 - 72 hours for domain name propagation to take place throughout the internet. You can view the DNS changes here > http://www.whatsmydns.net/ What's important during that stage is to be patient.

4. omgitotallyheart.wordpress.com

5. I bought the domain from wordpress and I have had it for a few years. I just renewed the domain mapping this Feb. and this happened soon after.

6. I'll tag this thread for a Staff follow-up. Please subscribe to the thread so you are notified when they respond and please be patient while waiting.

7. If you bought omgitotallyheart.com from WordPress.COM it would be registered with Wild West Domains, not Godaddy.

Domain Registration & Domain Mapping are not the same - they need to be renewed separately (of as part of a package) -

Did you let the Domain Registration lapse? It looks like the registration might have lapsed and someone else bought omgitotallyheart.com - is your first name - Arunas - ??

8. (of as part of a package)

Should be

(or as part of a package)

9. Oh I see. May be that's what's happened. No my first name is not Arunas so may be someone did buy it then. I never got the notification that the Domain Registration was expiring so I didn't now I had to renew it. I have to look into this more...

Thank you.

10. I looked into my email and I was not notified that Domain Registration is expiring. How would I find out when that happened? I just got email from wordpress telling me that my Domain Mapping is expiring so I renew that every year. I definitely bought the domain name from wordpress not godaddy.

11. There have been cases in the past where the email for expiring upgrades were not sent out (one of my upgrades I think the first notice was at 14 days - can't remember if a second notice was sent out or not) - I think there were times when no notices were sent out - the staff have assured us that all of that is fixed - but since my first notice on one account came out at 14 days I think things are still screwed up

The best is to set things up with auto renew, I use a debit card that is just used for that purpose (it's on a spare banking account)

12. Yes I will definitely do that after this is fixed. Although when I read the support site, it mentions that once a domain expires, it will not be available up to 90 days so I'm curious how the other person was able to get it since the expiration would have been in March. I hope the staff gets back to me soon. It's been 5 days, and it is killing my business.

Thanks!

13. You be welcome & good luck

14. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. However, I only see records of omgitotallyheart.com being mapped here. I see no record that it was registered through WordPress.com.

15. Well it must have been registered at one point because I have had it for a couple of years already, and it just stopped working so if I need to re-register I can do that, but I don't know how because I looked everywhere under my account and there is no information on it.

16. I keep looking at all of my emails, and they all said that I paid for DOMAIN REGISTRATION so why does it say I am not registered? And why is it so hard to get the staff to address my issue? Is this common for them to take this long to fix an issue?

17. What address was the registration email sent from?

18. I see that my colleague Dustin has responded to your email as well. You could try forwarding him the registration email you have in your records.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic