Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Error 500 with Jetpack, despite no plug-ins

1. Hi guys:

This is a repost but one user says I should be posting here.

I get the error message, ‘Your website needs to be publicly accessible to use Jetpack: site_inaccessible / Error Details: The Jetpack server was unable to communicate with your site [HTTP 500]. Ask your web host if they allow connections from WordPress.com. If you need further assistance, contact Jetpack Support: http://jetpack.me/support/’.

I have quite a few WordPress installations on the same server but different domains, and they all work fine. AFAIK I have used exactly the same procedure setting this one up as the others.

The xmlrpc.php file is present but when I call it from my web browser, I get a blank page. I do see the site so I don’t believe it’s a DNS issue. I registered the domain last Friday and installed WordPress on Saturday.

I have no plug-ins other than Akismet, which I have put my API key in to: this is a fresh installation.

Hope you can point me in the right direction! I have read numerous pages here already but nothing appears to fit my circumstances.

Kind regards,

Jack
    Blog url: http://autocademag.com

2. The blank xml-rpc is definitely why we can't connect, but we can't fix that, as it is a problem with your WordPress.org installation.

To clear up any confusion, WordPress.com and WordPress.org are two different entities.

WordPress.org has complete support and documentation sites for self-hosted/installed versions of WordPress via their Codex and Support Forums.

3. Thanks, macmanx. I posted at the WordPress.org support forums there but someone there told me to come here! I thought it was a bit odd.

Sadly, there’s nothing I’ve come across yet at WordPress.org that can help (hence pressing the panic button—I prefer reading all the FAQs and other posts first before writing my own) but I will wait to see if anyone responds to the thread there.

4. You're welcome! The blank xml-rpc is definitely not something that we can fix, so I recommend re-focusing on that over there if you don't get any response.

5. Thank you—I’ll see what I can do there.

6. You're welcome!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic