Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Featured images in categories (2010)

1. Hello folks,

I'm about to ask a question that may make you groan as Googling has hinted at the problem but I've not been able to get a definitive answer. I'm using the TwentyTen theme and have the menu set up with three static pages (About, Contact, Published Features) followed by a few categories to separate my posts on Videogames, Films etc.

The pages work great and I have them set up with their own header images. Individual posts under the categories too get their own featured category image *when clicked on*. But what I really want to have happen is that, as people browse the top menu, the categories themselves display the same featured image that I use for the individual posts within that category.

Bit of a mouthful that, hope I've explained it properly. Is this possible and am I missing something really obvious? I couldn't see an option when editing categories. If you can help with this - even if it's a very cheesy workaround - I really would be grateful and thanks for reading. Maybe there's a widget, I don't know!

The blog I need help with is johnbedford.wordpress.com.

2. Hello!
    Did you ever read this: http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus
    (maybe there's something going wrong with your menu
    http://johnbedford.wordpress.com/category/film (a few pages "not found")
    btw, I don't think you can link together images & cathegories if that's what you try to do (but I'm french so I'm not sure I did understand you quite well, sorry ;)

3. Hi lilmaouz and thanks for answering.

I went through that menus support page earlier but it didn't help me with the problem. I think you understood what I needed just fine as I wanted each category in the menu to have it's own custom header image when clicked on.

In the end, I've just kept the same header image across the site, changing only when going into a specific post. Then it gets it's "category header".

Thanks again for your help though.

4. You're welcome, john! Thank you for your friendly reply :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.