As per Matt's suggestion here.
Here is the screen shot from my blog's stats which shows an unusual bump in traffic but absolutely no explanation as to where it is coming from.
Here is 30 days referrer links, note the numbers gathered by wordpress.com
It would be helpful to know:
1) Why was there a wordpress.com as a referrer so such a large number of hits?
2) Is there a possibility of removing these stats if they are not real.
3) If these stats are real, than why did they disappear after a week?
4) What is the explanation behind this message of yours when you said our stats were historically undercounted? And what is that you were going to fix ASAP?
5) What is this "new change" referred here by macmanx of your staff.
At the end of the day, I don't mind getting a bump in traffic, but this bump needs an explanation and it eventually needs to normalize the past stats data (and now the future one). I hope you realize that this unusually large uptick causes the historical stats data to be useless and the future one to be a suspect.
The blog I need help with is ismailimail.wordpress.com.