While translating gravatar.com via glotpress, I noticed that there are several long strings with peculiar use of carriage returns. For example, look at this string: http://translate.wordpress.com/projects/gravatar/ru/default?filters%5Bstatus%5D=either&filters%5Boriginal_id%5D=12717&filters%5Btranslation_id%5D=1181520
What is considered the best practice to handle those? Can they be safely dropped from the localized strings without breaking things? From the localization point of view, mixing the content itself and the layout is not ideal - different languages have different sentence structures, and even when translating chunk-for-chunk, the chunks would of different lengths depending on the language.
I was not able to find that particular text on the actually gravatar.com website, only in glotpress. If there's a hidden resource for gravatar.com translators, I'd love it if someone could point it out to me. Also, I noticed that quite a few strings showing up on the actual site (for example, this page http://ru.gravatar.com/site/translations/) do not appear in the glotpress project. There is probably a very simple explanation for this, and I'd love to find it out :)