I am having a great deal of trouble creating a customized version of the Blix template for our blog "Doodle Noodle Stuff" Perhaps some of you who have more experience than me can answer some of my questions.
1. How do you insert an actual calendar with a button that you can change every month and post events on? What we want to do is highlight the dates of events in red and then write an intro line about them below the calendar. The visitor can then click any of the intro lines and go to the events page. We want to call the events page “Doodle is going to . . . “
2. How do you create widget buttons that do not appear on the Word Press widget section? For instance, we want to create a widget called “Doodle is reading . . . “
3. How can you change the background colors on the menu bars?
4. How do you insert pictures into the text, both from the web and from our Photo Gallery on our computer?
5. How do you make sure text appears in the right location, and if we want to continue text on a different page, how do we do that?
6. How do you activate Facebook, Twitter and RSS and relocate buttons for them to customize the blog? We also want to just show the small buttons for each social network, not the whole write up that Word Press puts in.
7. How do we insert links to other websites? This would include thumbnails next to the link. How can we lift those thumbnails from the other sites, and do we need permission to create the links and use the thumbnails?
8. Can we split the main section of the text portion into two separate parts (top and bottom), or do we need to change templates to accomplish that?
The blog I need help with is doodlenoodlestuff.wordpress.com.