OK - so I want to join the world of blogging. I open a wordpress.com account and start playing. Some nice looking template options.......but just not quite what I'm looking for..........I'm a busy mom of four, not afraid of technology, but not at all familiar with html or css and don't want to put a ton of time into learning something new. So here are some specific questions that I have:
1. If I bought the CSS upgrade would I have any other template options?
2. If I buy the CSS upgrade can I add pictures to more headers even if it is not a part of the original design.
3. What are the options of the CSS upgrade (in layman's terms beyond)changing font color or background color?
4. What in the world is a skin?
5. If I joined wordpress.org instead - what would main pros or cons be. I know that through my server I have 10 mg of webspace that I could be using. Would wordpress.org be more complicated or better for me.
Basically, I would like a 3 column template with a photo header that I can tweek a little. I would also like to be able to add RSS feeds so that I can have things like a Bible verse of the day or word of the day on my site. I would also be able to join in on some other homemakey type things like Five Ing. Friday and Wordless Wednesday. I also love photography and taking pics of my kids.