Need help? Check out our Support site, then

How do I add Bablefish & Wikipedia to my Side bar?

1. Howdy. I'm a NON-Technical kinda fella thats tried to add Bablefish to my Blog. I speak Spanish and want to give the non spanish speakers an opportunity to be in the know. My blog is http://fbumpkin.wordpress.com/ I have tried to use a text widgett and cut and paste the bablefish

Cut and paste this html into your page:
    <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.altavista.com/help/free/inc_translate"></script> <noscript></noscript>

but i dont get anything on my blog sidebar. I'd like to do the same with Wikipedia. can anyone help?
    Please e-mail me @ [email redacted]
    Thanx,
    Blackjack

2. Javascript is not allowed (FAQ).

It is a neat idea, though I am still leary of the quality of computerized translations. It is too bad Babelfish's translations are not URL based.

3. It's actually listed over on the codex that the Babelfish links will work but both of the ones that I see are javascripts.

4. I too am not a teckkie and I would like to add "sitemeter" to my side bar. I have
    searched most of your frequent asked question and I am now too tire to look further
    other than ask directly. How do I do this???

Thanks,

5. Thank Ya'll for the Fast reply.

Blackjack

6. @flumpkin - there are very clear instructions and help on the Sitemeter web site on how to add it to your wordpress blog.

7. Actually those are the old instruction that no longer work since we can't turn on images in the sidebar anymore.

Adjusted instructions here , in the FAQ blog as well and in the FAQ at the head of these forums.

8. <i>Actually those are the old instruction that no longer work since we can't turn on images in the sidebar anymore.</i>

When did that happen?

My blogshares icon is still showing in my sidebar? (not that, you know, anyone ever finds my blog through blogshares)

9. That's because you have it in a text widget. We no longer have the option to do an image within a blogroll link, even though there is a form for the image URL.

Sorry, wasn't clear. :)

There's even a ticket for it for the WPMU software to get the issue resolved as it's a quick two second fix. Must be if I was the one who fixed it. :)

10. ah! ok.

thanks for the clarification

11. We no longer have the option to do an image within a blogroll link, even though there is a form for the image URL.

I don't understand. I have links in my blogroll with pictures.

12. @drmike
    Will you please change the thread title and tags from babblefish and wikipedia on this thread to reflect the "no images in blogroll links" discussion? Otherwise this thread will not be retrievable from the forum search box using those tags and we'll be singing this chorus again and again and again and ...

13. Here is a link you may find helpful. Lorelle on WordPress has figured out a way to translate with one click using Google Language tools. I have been using it and it works well. I find babelfish too clunky.
    <br /> http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2005/10/22/instantly-translate-your-blog/

14. bump to drmike re: images in blogroll tagging

15. That's not what the original discussion was about.

16. Maybe make a clickable image and put that on your sidebar that leads to the Babelfish page.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic