Hello. For anyone who else who arrives at this page looking for a clear answer, here's how to restore a prior version of a page or post.
1. In your Dashboard view, on the upper right corner, under the "Howdy [name]" is a tab labeled "Screen Options." Open this tab.
2. Make sure there is a checkmark next to "Recent Drafts." Then close the tab.
3. On the left toolbar, click on either "Pages" or "Posts" depending on what type of document are you are trying to restore.
4. Find the one you want to restore. Hover the cursor over the name and click on EDIT.
5. Scroll down the screen, below the box that the current post/page text is in You'll now see the list of Revisions with dates.
6. CLick on any of the revision dates to get a complete listing of revisions. Also, you'll find a button allowing you to compare revisions you select.
7. When you've decided which version you want (that is, the revision date of the version you want to restore), then on the right hand side on that row you can click on the word "RESTORE" to replace your current post/draft with that particular version.
PS: Timethief: If you could ask WordPress to post instructions like this at
page revisions > http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/page-revisions/
post revisions > http://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/post-revisions/
it would really save us a lot of time.