Need help? Check out our Support site, then


How to approve domain transfer after initial denial

  1. runningforautism
    Member

    I am trying to transfer my domain from WordPress (Wild West Domains) to Blue Host so I can use WordPress.org. I followed all of the steps in the guide and got a "denied" message. I did a little digging and discovered that I had to cancel private registration. I did this, and now I don't know how to proceed. The domain is not on "pending transfers" list, and the domain info at Blue Host says this:
    -----------------------------------------------
    Registrar: Wild West Domains, Inc.
    You will need to contact Wild West Domains, Inc., who is the current registrar for the domain and have them approve the transfer. Otherwise the transfer should proceed within 7 days of the transfer purchase.
    Transfer Tracking#
    Assigned: 508428

    According to the Gaining and Losing Registrars, it appears that the codes you've supplied were correct. Once you tell the Losing Registrar (the current Registrar for runningforautism.com) to release the domain, we will be able to accept the domain into your account. You should receive an email from the Losing Registrar asking you to approve or decline this request. Please follow the instructions and ACCEPT the transfer. If you choose to DECLINE the transfer, you might be able to receive a refund within 90 days if you contact customer service. You may also have to contact or to login to your old registrar to manually release the domain. Otherwise, if you can just wait 7 days, the Losing Registrar should release the domain automatically.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Please let me know where to go from here!

    The blog I need help with is runningforautism.com.

  2. I've tagged this for staff attention and hopefully someone will reply soon to help you out.

  3. As long as the transfer has been initiated on the receiving end, the transfer will be initiated automatically within the stated time frame.

    We do not have a way to manually release the domain for transfer.

  4. runningforautism
    Member

    Thanks for replying, even though I am NOT happy at the answer. I have to wait seven days now??? This has the potential to mess me up a bit.

    Thanks anyway.

  5. If you're concerned, you could try canceling and re-initiating the transfer on the receiving end.

    It won't cause any problems and may speed up the process.

  6. runningforautism
    Member

    No, I'll just wait, but thank you for the idea. Sorry for being such a cranky-arse earlier!

    If I might offer a friendly suggestion? Could the guide (http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/domain-management/#transfer-to-another-registrar) be updated to include more explicit instructions on exactly HOW to cancel the private registration? Just might prevent other people from getting caught off-guard by this.

    Thanks for the help.
    Kirsten

  7. That's a great idea! Thanks!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic