Need help? Check out our Support site, then

how to make spreadsheets, tables & PDF - on blog or offline

1. I want to have a PDF that people can print from the site. We want to print a copy of the table each week, pass it around the room, then update it for the next pdf on the website.

My question is about how to adjust the names in the tables for each week.

Is it possible to have the tables on the blog, so that several members would be able to make edits?

Or is it easier to have the tables on computer, and upload them to the site. In this case, how would more than one person be able to make the edits to the PDF?

The blog I need help with is nina80.wordpress.com.

2. There is no way to host a file on wordpress.COM that allows collaborative editing. To be able to collaborate on spreadsheets or other files, you would have to use something like google apps or office live.

When you upload replacement files to wordpress with the same name, wordpress will append a number to the end of the file name and will NOT overwrite an existing file. That means that any links to that file in posts or pages or widgets would have to be manually updated to reflect the new file name with the appended number.

The best way to display tables (excel) on your blog is by using the Scribd service which will embed a scrollable, zoomable version of the document in your post or page. http://support.wordpress.com/scribd/

3. I've decided it's much easier for each person to just post a link to the PDF file completed.

When you upload replacement files to wordpress with the same name, wordpress will append a number to the end of the file name

That answered my next question.

Thank you!

4. You're welcome.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic