Need help? Check out our Support site, then

HTTP Error 500.50 - URL Rewrite Module Error. anyone that know how to solve it?

1. is there anyone encounter this problem:
    HTTP Error 500.50 - URL Rewrite Module Error. The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

let me explain what i had done before this error come out: i set up a website(main.com) with wordpress, and it's ok to browser, then i try to set up the sub website(sub.com) within this hosting account, here is what i do for it: create a directory(named: sub) under the main directory in the hosting space for this sub.com, and install the wordpress totall almost the same as the main.com does;

then here i got the problem:
    Error Summary
    HTTP Error 500.50 - URL Rewrite Module Error.
    The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred. Detailed Error InformationModule RewriteModule
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler ExtensionlessUrl-Integrated-4.0
    Error Code 0x800700b7
    Config Error Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'rule' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'wordpress'
    Config File \\?\D:\hosting\10381795\html\sub\web.config
    Requested URL http://www.sub.com:80/sub/wp-admin
    Physical Path D:\hosting\10381795\html\sub\wp-admin
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined

Config Source
    20: <rules>
    21: <rule name="wordpress" patternSyntax="Wildcard">
    22: <match url="*"/>

Links and More InformationThis error means that there was a problem while processing the request. The request was received by the Web server, but during processing a fatal error occurred, causing the 500 error. View more information ? Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles:

2. can any one help to take a look this kind of problem?

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.