Need help? Check out our Support site, then

I m receiving a 404 page not found error when I change permalink

1. Hey,
    I m trying WordPress on my pc. I installed correctly, after that when I imported some posts from another WordPress blog, I thought to change the permalink to "month and name" from default.
    After I changed and I m trying to access the post by clicking it. Then I receive following error

Title: 404 Not Found

Not Found

The requested URL /2011/04/name-of-my-post/ was not found on this server.

Someone please tell me what is wrong...

2. You did not specify a blog address or reason for posting when you created this topic.

This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you'll find help at the WordPress.org forums.

If you don't understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.

If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It'll help people to answer your question.

This is an automated message.

3. This is a problem related to a blog hosted on my computer(localhost). Its not online.

4. We do not provide support for local installs at wordpress.COM. We provide support only for free hosted blogs on this multiuser blogging platform. The correct forum to go to for support with a local install is here > http://wordpress.ORG/support/

5. Got that straight into my head. Anyways thanks for the answer. :)

6. You're welcome and best wishes with your install. :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic