Need help? Check out our Support site, then

I would like use a domain already registered (registeredin 2007, but never used)

1. Hello,

I'm creating a blog about the "hogar universitario adventista de concepción" (initials: HUAC). That's why I would like use "huac.wordpress.com", but unfortunately somebody else was registered in 2007 but not used it since then (only the page with nothing).

I wonder if I can have that name for my blog.

thanks a lot your answers!!

Hola,

necesito hacer un sitio sobre el hogar universitario adventista de Concepción (siglas: HUAC), por lo que quisiera usar el dominio huac.wordpress.com, pero lamentablemente este blog fue creado por otro usuario el 2007, pero no lo utilizó desde esa fecha (sólo está la página sin nada).

Me gustaría saber si puedo disponer de ese nombre para hacer mi blog.

Gracias!!

The blog I need help with is ramrebol.wordpress.com.

2. I’m sorry, but we do not reuse or reassign blog names on WordPress.com.

If you like, you can attempt to contact the owner of that blog and ask them if they would like to transfer it to you. You can do this by either leaving them a message using a contact form if it exists, or leaving a comment on an existing page or post requesting they contact you.

If you are able to reach the blog owner and they are willing to transfer the blog to you, here are the instructions they can use to do that.
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/#transferring-your-blog-to-another-user-or-account

If they do not respond or refuse the transfer, you will need to select a different name for your WordPress.com blog.

Keep in mind we also offer an upgrade for custom domain names and you can use any WordPress.com blog URL underneath a custom domain. For more details about how domain mapping works:
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/

3. Thanks for your quick answer!

((but, obviously, I would have preferred a different answer))

4. If I bought a BMW in 2007 and never drove it, should BMW be able to take it away and give it to someone else?

5. I suggest "huac.org" or "huac.info" for the domain mapping upgrade.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic