It's been more than 72 hours.
I've done all of the things you've recommended.
I'm still getting the dummy site.
What I'm concerned about is that I've confused two accounts. I created the blog with one account (KSTT2012), but when I was posting, the posts were showing "Kelly Simons, MA, USPTA" as the author. I eventually figured out to make myself an administrator and author on that blog account and reposted the the blog entries to show my name as author.
The site was appearing as I'd created it at http://www.elizabethdrescher.com, except that people were getting the certificate error I initially described.
So, I followed the advice I received on the forum and reset the server through 1+1, where the domain name is registered. It was then then (on Saturday, I believe--more than 72 hours ago) that the dummy site started popping up.
I cleared my history on Safari, cleared the local DNS cache, when to my calm, patient place for another day, and the same thing happened.
When you asked about the WordPress account above, I wondered if I made the link while logged into "choosingourreligion.wordpress.com," where the content I created on "KSTT2012" now also appears. I suspect I might have confused the system. But I have no way to know that for sure.
In any case, I'm not getting a sense of "proceeding as normal," and I need to get the site running so potential clients and readers can find me.