Recently, after suffering the problem for quite some time, I searched for info on the cursor jumping around while I was trying to edit a post; I found a closed thread that referenced the identical thing, although the experienced user who responded was not able to replicate it and thus could not help much with a permanent solution. Explorer was named as the culprit, though, and sure enough when I tried Firefox as one user recommended, I got relief. Today I noticed something similar. I needed to fix a misspelling, went in through Explorer (the latest version, whatever it is), edited, updated, everything was as normal after editing, went to visit site, and -- the fix didn't take. I repeated the editing sequence a couple of times, but not!
But when I went in through Firefox, it did take.
This makes me wonder if any of the editing I've done has actually taken--I don't always check! So now I have to go back and check some things I remember fixing to see if it worked.
I just wanted to warn us. I put 'not resolved' as the topic, but actually it is resolved for myself. I'll just use Firefox from now on for all wordpress stuff. I use Explorer in other aps, though, due to peculiarities in some sites I must visit often (pop-ups in Firefox and my bank site, etc.)
The blog I need help with is thewhitelilyblog.wordpress.com.