Need help? Check out our Support site, then


Italics disappearing

  1. Suddenly three days ago (after months of no problems at all) I can't italicize anything. I write a post, then when I preview it, the italics are gone. I add them again, they disappear again in preview. If I go straight from the post to "publish," the same thing happens. I haven't added any new plug-ins or changed anything that might have caused this problem to arise.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    http://gustineawards.wordpress.com

    The blog I need help with is gustineawards.wordpress.com.

  2. are you using the Visual editor or the HTML editor? When you look at the posts in the HTML editor, are the < i > tags still there?

  3. nonicoclolasos
    Member

    I have the very same problem (the same holds for bold).

    http://nonicoclolasos.wordpress.com

  4. differentstory
    Member

    It's a little oddly intermittent...happens on editing. I've gone in and updated all the ital/bold at once, then saved or published and then it's fine. But as soon as there is another edit...

  5. evelynyvonnetheriault
    Member

    I've been having this problem for a few days.
    As above, I'm in the Visual Editor I bold some text, when I save the bold is lost.

    While still in Visual Editor, when I highlight and press on bold, sometimes it does go bold in Edit mode, sometimes it doesn't. However the final post is consistent - no BOLD.

    Exception:
    I was able to copy/paste something from another post into my new post and that held the BOLD (it was a heading 2 text).

  6. Lots of people have reported this over the past couple of days. Be sure and report it to staff, with direct links to the posts in question:

    http://support.wordpress.com/contact

  7. evelynyvonnetheriault
    Member

    Thank you Raincoaster, I will do this.

  8. evelynyvonnetheriault
    Member

    Hello all,
    Support (see Raincoaster url above) is helping me with this.
    In my case, at the suggestion of Support, I have switched from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox and I've been able to "bold" my text.
    Not a fix - but it will help for now!
    Thanks Raincoaster.

  9. nonicoclolasos
    Member

    Aha, interesting, as I also use Google Chrome! The strange thing is that this problem appeared just half a week or so ago and that evertything worked fine in Google Chrome prior to that,

  10. Same problem for me using Safari on a Mac. Rather frustratingly, I was in the middle of writing a huge post with loads of bold and italic in it ... all was working fine for several hours, and then one time I saved it it dumped the lot!

    Thanks for the tip about using Firefox instead ... not ideal, but it's useful to know that it works. Hopefully they will get it sorted out soon.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic