Forgive me if I am reposting a topic that may already have been covered. Only, I could not get a clear answer while searching.
I currently have my own domain blog on Movable Type 3.2, hosted with a hosting company.
I would now want to make use of the free hosting with WordPress, with my own domain and Email via Google Apps, which I currently already use.
Is there a current source of information as to the various steps I would need to follow to transfer my existing MT blog to WordPress. Like a step-by-step guide. I am an average user of MT and WordPress so not that much technically challenged !
Would I be thinking on the right lines if my To-Do list shows as: (I would then need to work out the process by which each step is achieved - that's where I need the forum's help)
1. Back up existing blog (it is exported in a .txt file)
2. Create free blog on WordPress.
3. Import .txt file into WordPress blog.
4. Map domain to my domain name
5. Map domain to enable Email by Google apps for domain
6. Start spending money and buy the upgrades ;-) (Knowing me and customizations, I am sure I will be doing that in the near future)!
Hope the forum can help!