Need help? Check out our Support site, then

my dashboard won't load. i'm using safari 4.1.3 - the same browser i've used!

1. Sorry forgot to say I am running OSX 10.6 so it should work. Ive tried doing a software update but to no avail.
    Steve.

2. multimediabiz...i think you should start your own topic forum. mine has not been resolved. thanks. this just confuses things more.

as far as MY issue, again, i had NO ISSUE with this browser when i created this account back in may of THIS year. wordpress changed its homepage where you can access your dashboard. however, not all of the tabs on the menu works on my machine. i can access on a desktop on windows. i am aware that companies stopped supporting my browser and OS; HOWEVER, that was not the case when i created this account on THIS machine in may. i used THIS machine and THIS browser to create this account, post blog posts, change themes, etc. it was until you changed your homepage that i have this issue.

THIS is my issue. that is why i made it a point to indicate what browser i was using and my OS version. i gave you all of the details. you didn't state any of this in the beginning. i was just told to upgrade to impress my friends...

3. WordPress.com supports the latest versions of browsers listed at http://browsehappy.com/ and while we'd like to support older browser software forever, we can't support every old version. As they get older and older, they may not always work the same way because WordPress.com is constantly moving forward.

That said, I can try to offer a few workarounds which I hope will help you.

WordPress.com has been adding new dashboard-like features to the home page. Earlier you mentioned the dashboard tabs weren't working for you, but typical blog dashboards have a left menu (not tabs). So I wonder if you were getting stuck on the WordPress.com home page features instead of the normal dashboard. Just to make sure, here is the direct link to your dashboard to make sure that's what you're looking at:

https://getfitblackgirl.wordpress.com/wp-admin/

Even though you have an older version of Safari, an older version of Firefox may work better. I know you said you've already tried other browsers, but if you haven't tried another one in a while, it might be worth a shot. If it's at all possible, you may want to try installing Firefox to see if it works better for you: http://getfirefox.com/ Installing Firefox doesn't mean you have to upgrade your computer.

If by any chance you have a smartphone or iPad, try out the WordPress mobile apps:
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/apps/

There's bare bones mobile version of WordPress.com at http://m.wordpress.com/ which has limited functions but could get you a quick way to post if that's what you need right away. It's limited, but should work well for an older, outdated browser like the Safari 4.1.3 one you've been using.

4. whether or not i have a smartphone is not the issue. the issue is AGAIN, i log on using the SAME computer and SAME browser i used when i registered this account and started my blog. the changes WORDPRESS made doesn't take me directly to my dashboard when i log on. giving me a link still doesn't help me when i navigate away from the dashboard. it will take me to the homepage. i see the menu on the left side. THEY DON'T WORK EITHER. the only way to get back to the dashboard using the homepage tabs is go to stats and even that tab doesn't fully load, but enough to see the dashboard link.

i use my laptop to access web. i don't use mobile devices EVER. so i will not be using that as option when i have this laptop that i used to create this account. WHY ISN'T ANYONE ACKNOWLEDGING THIS?

so if your workaround does not support my browser, then just state that. there is no need to have this "last word." wordpress made some changes that do not support my browser now. they did in MARCH or MAY of THIS year. now, they don't. it's simple as that.

the only way wordpress works is if i use another computer, which i do not have access to on a daily basis. this is the reason i BOUGHT a laptop, to be more mobile and have wireless capabilities to take my work WITH me...

wordpress has HINDERED this ability with their changes. instead of admitting this, you'd rather give me more suggestions that are NOT CONVENIENT TO THE USER.

if you cannot SOLVE this, there is no reason to keep responding to this post. i know what happened. wordpress FAILED to alert that these changes might interrupt current users of MAC OSX Tiger and Safari 4.1.3 users. you're telling me to upgrade, which COSTS MONEY I DON'T HAVE. you're suggesting i use a smartphone, WHICH COSTS MONEY I DON'T HAVE - all to you use your FREE SERVICE???

again, if you cannot SOLVE IT, LEAVE IT ALONE!

THANK YOU!

5. so if your workaround does not support my browser, then just state that

I am only trying to help you. Workarounds are an attempt to help you! Some of the workarounds I mentioned may in fact work in your browser.

i use my laptop to access web. i don't use mobile devices EVER. so i will not be using that as option when i have this laptop that i used to create this account. WHY ISN'T ANYONE ACKNOWLEDGING THIS?

I acknowledge that WordPress.com does not support very old and outdated web browsers. Just because the software or service you are using worked with the computer you bought, doesn't mean that it will always work on that computer forever. It's the same for all software. I'm sorry you've run into this issue!

wordpress made some changes that do not support my browser now. they did in MARCH or MAY of THIS year. now, they don't. it's simple as that.

That is correct. I'm sorry we are not able to support all older versions of all browsers, but we do support the browsers listed at http://browsehappy.com/

you're suggesting i use a smartphone, WHICH COSTS MONEY I DON'T HAVE - all to you use your FREE SERVICE???

I didn't suggest purchasing a smartphone, I asked if you already had one.

if you cannot SOLVE this, there is no reason to keep responding to this post.

Okay!

I'm very sorry we weren't able to help you with your Safari 4.1.3 version.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic