I'm sorry that I posted the wrong link above. Thanks to Panos for providing the correct one.
I hesitated to give you a list of links last night because Akismet will perceive that I am a spammer if I do so and my comment will be made invisible. Simply remove the square brackets from the links below and copy them into your upper browser bar and click.
1. Blog visibility - The Privacy Settings control what type of visitors can read your blog. [http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/privacy-settings/]
2. Dashboard display. [http://en.support.wordpress.com/dashboard/]
3. Set up your Screen Options and full accessibility (button on top right hand corner of the Admin side of your blog). [http://en.support.wordpress.com/screen-options/]
3. The General Settings let you change many of the items that control how your blog is displayed, such as the title, tagline, timezone, and date/time formats. Dashboard > Settings > General [http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/general-settings/]
4. Dashboard > Users > Personal Settings [http://en.support.wordpress.com/personal-settings/] If you wish to work only on the HTML editor then checkmark this below and "Save Changes" and the Visual Editor will not appear. If you want access to both editors then make sure there is no checkmark.
Visual Editor ___ Disable the visual editor when writing
5. gravatar/avatar/blavatar [http://en.support.wordpress.com/avatars/]
These are the best practices for uploading your gravatar:
- Prepare the image prior to uploading it and make sure it’s 512 x 512 pixels or larger so it will look the best in the widest range of uses.
- The image filetype has to be either PNG, GIF or JPG. Make sure the file name contains only letters and numbers – no special characters – and make sure all letters are in lowercase.
- Also make sure the image file name has an extension (Example – image.jpg)
- Note that there is a time delay while your gravatar image propagates. If you are experiencing problems then go to the gravatar site and read the FAQs as it contains common questions and answers to them http://en.gravatar.com/site/faq/
6. Dashboard > Settings > Writing
Be sure to checkmark this below and then click "Save Changes" when you have made your selections on this page.
___ WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically
more coming ...