The following site describes how to edit theme files:
It says there are two ways to edit theme files:
1) Access the Theme Editor from the Administration > Appearance > Editor menu.
2) Use the Plugin Editor located at Administration > Plugins > Editor.
However, neither one is available in my dashboard, although I am the administrator and I am using WordPress.com Premium (http://store.wordpress.com/premium-upgrades/pro-bundle/?ref=newdash-footer).
I DO have "Administration > Appearance", but under "Appearance" there is no "Editor". Furthermore, I do NOT have "Administration > Plugins".
Can anyone help me, please?
You probably will want to know which version of WP I am using. However, I don't know. Where can I look this up?
P.S.: What I CAN find in my dashboard is the following:
"Appearance > Customize"
When clicking on "Customize", a new windows with my blog opens including a blue sidebar on the right, which offers the following options:
- site title
When clicking on "css", the file is empty. So, obviously, this cannot be the style.css file. Instead, I got the impression, that I can enter css commands here that are additional to the regular style.css sheed. For instance, I entered the following code to get rid of the shadows that were automatically added to any graphic included in my blog (by the way, I'm using the twentytwelve theme):
And this actually worked. The shadows are gone!
However, I want to change four other things on my blog:
- change the color of the hyperlinks (hover and visited)
- reduce the distance between the menu bar and the headline of the site contents below
- put a graphic in the very top of the page (where, at the moment, the site title and subtitle are)
- delete the empty area below my facebook- and amazon-buttons (there are a white area and horizontal grey lines that I cannot get rid of)
Here is the website I'm talking about:
I have the impression that I need to edit the style.css file to change the above-mentioned four things?! But as described above, I cannot find the css editor.
Thanks for your help!
The blog I need help with is diebegruendungderwelt.com.