Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Opinions

1. Write ur honest opinion about Islam and Muslims.

The blog I need help with is muslimahsa.wordpress.com.

2. I assume that the majority of all people on this planet, regardless of their religious beliefs are honest individuals who work hard to take care of themselves and their families physically, emotionally, spiritually, intellectually and socially.

3. I'd rather not.

4. They're people and they'll do what they want, just as I will.

5. Beautiful and elusive. I think of them as dedicated and mysterious. They are probably like every other woman, but I have never had any interactions in my rural community. I did read a blog the other day written by a Muslin woman and it was very interesting, and I look forward to reading more.

6. Sorry Muslim. When I try and run spell check on here lately it throws me out.

7. Ur is in Iraq.

I have to concur with with everyone else here.

8. I probably shouldn't, given I'm probably biased: my husband and step-children are Muslim. Very liberal Muslims though. My family comes from the sort of belief base that religion has to move with the times. For example, when the Qu'ran and the Bible were written, there were no such things as planes or the internet or much of "modern life".

I am an atheist, so my attitude is the same as to ANY religion. I don't understand how or why people believe is what I consider to be fairy tales, but I respect their right to believe. I DO NOT accept anyone's right, in any religion, to impose their belief systems on others. Consequently, extremists whether that be al Quaeda, Boko Haram, the Spanish Inquisition or the Witches of Salem situation are ALL unacceptable to me.

I also do not condone any belief system that does not ensure equality of genders, age, ethnicity etc, however the Bible and the Qu'ran are about equal in their suppression of women.

ALL religions should move with the times, remembering that much was written is a time long gone.

9. Actually, I just now read your article Barren but Blessed - which I think is truly a wonderful article - mothers who blog will particularly like it I believe http://muslimahsa.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/barren-but-blessed/#comment-23

However, THAT is a classic example of "moving with the times" as I am almost 100% sure both the Qu'ran and the Bible are silent on the matter of IVF. :)

10. I don't answer questions that refer to me as "u".

11. @ raincoaster

Huh?

12. @ ardpete

Why?

@ tt, messymusings05, teamoyeniyi

Well said!! :-)

13. @raincoaster - LOL

14. I'm a Muslim and I love my religion because it doesn't tell me the tales of ancient time only. It proves the existence of God not only by the arguments and words but by the mirror where anyone can approach Him. He still speaks with His beloved people like He did in the past.

15. Where is this mirror?

May as well get another long thread going...

umhassim - I think raincoaster is referring to your use of childish abbreviations/text talk - i.e. ur for your, dat for that etc.

16. Not even Google knows of this mirror. Is there a secret the rest of us don't know?

17. Ignore the word "mirror". Mirror stands for revelation.

18. So there's no ACTUAL proof of his existence?

19. EVEN DISBELIEVERS IN THEIR HEART ARE AFRAID OF GOD
    http://www.alislam.org/library/links/existence_God.html

20. I'm not because for me there is none.
    I respect your right to believe in what you wish but respect me and everyone else with differing views too.

21. Thanks for clarifying my point iphonist. There isn't any actual evidence of his existence.

22. I always respect everyone. Everyone is human first and what so ever after that. Our religion's motto is Love for all hatred for none

23. The professor of a university challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?" A student answered bravely, "Yes, he did".

The professor then asked, "If God created everything, then he created evil. Since evil exists (as noticed by our own actions), so God is evil. The student couldn't respond to that statement causing the professor to conclude that he had "proved" that "belief in God" was a fairy tale, and therefore worthless.

Another student raised his hand and asked the professor, "May I pose a question? " "Of course" answered the professor.

The young student stood up and asked : "Professor does Cold exists?"

The professor answered, "What kind of question is that? ...Of course the cold exists... haven't you ever been cold?"

The young student answered, "In fact sir, Cold does not exist. According to the laws of Physics, what we consider cold, in fact is the absence of heat. Anything is able to be studied as long as it transmits energy (heat). Absolute Zero is the total absence of heat, but cold does not exist. What we have done is create a term to describe how we feel if we don't have body heat or we are not hot."

"And, does Dark exist?", he continued. The professor answered "Of course". This time the student responded, "Again you're wrong, Sir. Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in fact simply the absence of light. Light can be studied, darkness can not. Darkness cannot be broken down. A simple ray of light tears the darkness and illuminates the surface where the light beam finishes. Dark is a term that we humans have created to describe what happens when there's lack of light."

Finally, the student asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" The professor replied, "Of course it exists, as I mentioned at the beginning, we see violations, crimes and violence anywhere in the world, and those things are evil."

The student responded, "Sir, Evil does not exist. Just as in the previous cases, Evil is a term which man has created to describe the result of the absence of God's presence in the hearts of man."

After this, the professor bowed down his head, and didn't answer back.

The young man's name was ALBERT EINSTEIN.

24. That's a lovely story but it still doesn't prove that God exists. You said you had actual proof.

25. @iphonist1 - it is a good bet that the person you are arguing with is just as passionate about their point of view as you are about yours.

Trying to get someone to change their mind is not usually successful.

26. @readtochangenow
    That's true.

27. Yeah any literature isn't going to make me think, "Wow, God really DOES exist." just like anything I say isn't going to make you stop believing. Which is why these debates are pointless.

Yet fun.

28. I like talking to people with different opinions when there isn't conflict to learn new perspectives - the second they try to change how I think I balk.

I am just grateful I have things I am passioante about now. Better than being zoned out on the TV all day :-)

29. @ardpete
    God never cares for you unless you ask help from Him by heart. I don't think them to be pointless because at least I've paid my duty to inform you. If not you possibly someone else think about existence of God after reading them.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.